Trading while undergoing chemotherapy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 18, 2017.

1. I totally agree....and of course, a guy like Jobs, with his success...."knew everything".
    That was his undoing.
    I listen to my doctors...and then confirm their recommendations.
    Jobs just blew them off.

#101     Dec 26, 2017
    Gambit likes this.
  2. Gambit

Gambit

The case of Jobs is tragic even if he had a reputation of being "difficult". My doctors bought me at a minimum 5 years, and if the studies are correct at least 20 to 25 years. I'm incredibly thankful. That isn't to say mistakes don't happen. I was misdiagnosed for close to two years and I paid cash to some highly reputable doctors in Florida. If one sharp doc didn't catch my low hemoglobin and insist on a colonoscopy, I would have been gone in 3 years. I'm incredibly grateful for a second chance at life.

#102     Dec 26, 2017
    Cuddles and tortoise like this.
  3. Gambit

Gambit

Trust and verify. And check the reviews on docs (not on the hospital website :) ). They do matter.

#103     Dec 26, 2017
  4. Indeed I will...given 2 to 4 years to live.

#104     Dec 26, 2017
  5. drcha

drcha

Sorry about your illness. Best wishes.

#105     Dec 26, 2017
    Gambit likes this.
  6. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

#106     Jan 2, 2018
  7. Xela

Xela

Cancer has been around for at least thousands of years.

The Ancient Roman historian Tacitus described in the 1st Century AD what's now universally recognised as acute leukemia ("it was discovered after they died that all their blood had turned almost white"), and there are also earlier descriptions than that, from other societies/cultures, which appear to describe other types of cancer.

#107     Jan 2, 2018
    777 likes this.
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I never read the book, "The Emperor of Maladies." but he posits that cancer rates are the same today as it was thousands of years ago. Detection and diagnosis has gotten better.

#108     Jan 2, 2018
    Gambit and Xela like this.
  9. Xela

Xela

For sure.

And overall treatment outcomes for some/many types of cancer steadily improve, decade by decade.

(It's almost breathtaking that there are apparently still so many people around who imagine that cancer is some kind of "modern disease" caused primarily by pollution and environmental factors [​IMG]. But there you go: many people tend only to examine evidence that they want to examine.)

#109     Jan 2, 2018
    777 and Gambit like this.
  10. Gambit

Gambit

Drinking green tea. Apparently colon cancer responds better to coffee, 4 cups a day.

#110     Jan 2, 2018