Trading while undergoing chemotherapy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Gambit

Gambit

#91     Dec 25, 2017
  2. Gambit

Gambit

There is a lot of information in this thread and several well wishes that all of those diagnosed certainly appreciate. I want to just "archive" and compile some of the alternative therapies listed. I will try to list them in order of efficacy and evidence.

Before any CAM approaches, the best intervention is:
    Early screening!
    The second one is anemia. I heard from a family friend who is an oncologist that if we just tried to assess the root cause of anemia, especially in men, we would save so many lives. This is how my cancer was found. Men in the U.S. get plenty of dietary iron. So what is the most likely cause of anemia if not dietary? A bleed due to ulcer, crohns, ulcerative colitis, and of course some kind of cancer in the digestive system.
    The third, addressing any hormone imbalances and insulin resistance early.
    The fourth, maintaining a healthy weight.

CAM:
    1) Aspirin
    2) Avoiding red meat
    3) Metformin
    4) Curcumin
    5) Drinking 4 cups of coffee daily
    6) Ginger
    7) Vegan diet or vegetarian diet
    8) Keto diet
    9) Fish oil
    10) avoiding processed food.

There are others. Out of all the CAM (complementary alternative medicine), aspirin therapy seems to have the most efficacy. My doc at the lynch center stated that even one baby aspirin daily can improve outcomes.

#92     Dec 25, 2017
    Handle123 and vanzandt like this.
  3. Gambit

Gambit

Take care everyone and happy holidays.

#93     Dec 25, 2017
  4. tortoise

tortoise

I think the author is onto something...

#94     Dec 25, 2017
  5. Gambit

Gambit

I focused on lower carb veggies such as spinach since I have to watch my blood sugar. For somebody not on the keto diet, carrots are ideal (and carrot juice is delicious). Vegetable juice fits my diet as well but obviously eating whole veggies is better for blood sugar control.

#95     Dec 25, 2017
  6. Gambit

Gambit

I looked at the site and I have one criticism. Chemo is not nearly as harsh as the author makes it out to be. Fasting helps mitigate side effects and Neupogen and Epogen are adjuncts which raise WBC and RBC counts. Testosterone works to improve energy and RBC counts as well. Don't skip chemo if it is recommended. Just my 0.002. Check with your doctor. Doctor's opinion is primary, naturopath/holistic health practitioner's opinion is secondary.

#96     Dec 25, 2017
    tortoise likes this.
  7. Gambit

Gambit

I don't want to seem like I'm shoving my approach down anybody's throat. At the end of the day, the patient has to do what they feel is best. Every patient has agency and a commensurate amount of responsibility.

#97     Dec 25, 2017
  8. tortoise

tortoise

amen. Chemo is no picnic, but it's not hell, either. For older individuals or those who are in poor condition to begin with, it's probably more arduous.

#98     Dec 25, 2017
    Gambit likes this.
  9. Gambit

Gambit

Agreed tortoise. It is manageable.

#99     Dec 25, 2017
  10. tortoise

tortoise

MegaFood Turmeric Strength

#100     Dec 25, 2017
    Gambit likes this.