Trading while trying to lose weight on Atkins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jul 16, 2003.

1. dude you ever hear of vitamins & anti-oxidents? :eek:

#31     Jul 16, 2003
  2. BTW, YOU DO NOT WANT TO DISAGREE WITH ME ON THIS.... CUZ IF YOU DO, I WILL COME BACK AND OBLITERATE YOU WITH FACTS AND CALCULATIONS AND JUST MAKE YOU LOOK SILLY.

(FPC, THIS ISN'T DIRECTED AT YOU, DUDE.)

F. P.

#32     Jul 16, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

I just came back from Barnes and Noble, and there was a gentleman there that was giving a talk on his book. I am not an expert on this stuff, in fact I am a rank beginner. However, I really learned alot about this stuff from his talk and the Q/A session.

I bought the book and I am devouring it. Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...002-0567776-7506411?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT. I am ignoring the crap on electromagnetic fields though...

nitro

#33     Jul 16, 2003
  4. no prob bro.. your my main man! :D

#34     Jul 16, 2003
  5. i eat a multivitamin every day.

for the record, i will always agree a can of green beans or something is better than a bag of chips.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for eat good food.

i'm just saying, that is not the deciding factor if you're fat or not.

F. P.

#35     Jul 16, 2003
  6. DON'T TAKE ADVICE FROM ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LOOK HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK.

IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU SAW ME, YOU'D WANT TIPS FROM ME.

F. P.

#36     Jul 16, 2003
  7. nitro i haven't read the book but i suspect i understand its premise..

but first dude you outa know that as in trading the BS is just as thick in fad diets/"nutrition" etc.

the prob is dude YOU don't have the expertise to know the difference (i do!)

READ MY LINKS DUDE!GET THE TRUTH RIGHT FROM THE PUTTY TAT!@

:cool:

#37     Jul 16, 2003
  8. NOTHIN' LIKE DRINKIN' SOME BEERS AND BLASTING GOOD MUSIC!!!!! (SPECIFICALLY, "QUIET LIAR" BY HANDSOME)

OH YEA!!!!!!

F. P.

#38     Jul 16, 2003
  9. gms

gms

Many people have stones and pass them never knowing it. If the stones get big, or jagged, then you know it, like you found out. You may have gotten kidney stones at that time because of the overabundance of protein and oxylates (just about everything has oxylates in them. A small part oxylate is all that's needed to combine with bigger part calcium to form the stones, calcium stones being the most common form) you may have been eating. Not only is the pain horrible, but the consequences of damaging your kidneys (especially if you continue to have stones as you age) are kidney disease or transplant. Scary. I've had about 5 attacks in my life. Not anything I ever want to go through again. 'Chanca Piedra' is an available herb that seems to help produce the missing acids that help neutralize the stones that happens with normal systems. Cut down on salt and leafy green vegetables. Stones form around salts like rock candy. Leafy green vegetables are big sources of oxylates, as is tea. Keep protein to small portions. Go vegetarian if you are so inclined, there are rarely reports of kidney stones among vegetarians. Drink lots of water daily. And absolutely no regular intaking of peanut butter - high oxylates and salt!

To jem: There's a fair amount of criticism regarding the affects of Atkin's diet use over a long term. Read up on Dr. Dean Ornish who also offers nutritional diet ideas that do not involve shocking your system to process fat first. Or do what I did years ago to lose 50 pounds and what I still do to maintain: eat healthy, take in less calories than you burn, workout and weight train regularly. But get to it, the body you have today + the course you're on will result in the body that has to support your life when you're older. The more fit that body is then, the better your quality of life will be, hopefully.

#39     Jul 17, 2003
  10. Swish

Swish

I used to drink 2-3 cokes / day. When stressed, I couldn't sleep at night and would have to drink even more coke.

On a vacation in 2001, it took 3-4 days for my body to relax and "stop the buzz!"... I got so irritated at myself, I quit cold turkey (no caff drinks - coke, tea, etc) the first Monday back to work (pre-full time trading).

The 1st few weeks were misery - I felt like a zombie. Solution?: Took a small pillow to work with me and took naps at lunch.

Had I been trading, could have been bad news due to lowered mental ability during the transition time. Eventually things got better and I'm glad I did it.

As I hate diet drinks, I only drank the full cal stuff. Once I stopped and only drank water, I lost about 10 lbs over next 6 months w/out doing anything else. Something about bottled water helped during times of craving bottled coke!

Since then I'm also on Body for Life - luv it - good overall balance between diet and exercise.

Stick with it - health is worth it as you age - we're not getting any younger!!

:D

#40     Jul 17, 2003