Trading while trying to lose weight on Atkins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jul 16, 2003.

1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I've done the Atkins diet a couple of times and I felt great right off the bat.

Just be sure to take your vitamins, have low-carb veggies with as many meals as possible, drink plenty of water and get plenty of potassium.

It didn't affect my trading one bit. However, I no longer got that after-lunch sleepiness and that's great. I'm not on it currently, but because of the way I felt on it, I changed my eating patterns to keep down the carbs and it has definitely made me feel better overall.

I also know a couple of Bright traders who did quite well while on Atkins.

#21     Jul 16, 2003
  2. I'm one of those bastards everyone hates because
    I can eat anything and lose weight.

I'm doubly hated because NOT eating is also very easy
    for me to do. Fasting would be pretty simple for me.

So yeah... i'm just pulling your leg.

But the research is real.

For example.... the following diet would work wonders
    for most people.

Day 1: Eat whatever you want.
    Day 2: Dont eat.

Repeat forever.
    Rats who were given all the food they wanted only every
    other day had significantly longer life expectancies that
    rats who got to eat every day, and matched the life expectancies
    of rats that got to eat every day, but on a very low calorie diet.

Go figure...

Starvation diets are healthy for some reason.

peace

axeman

#22     Jul 16, 2003
  3. axe i'm impressed research of health benefits and longevity of caloric restriction is not well known..

#23     Jul 16, 2003
  4. Getting lean...

When I approach a problem, I typically first look for
    other people who have already solved it.

If you want to be ripped.... look around and find
    people who are ripped, and do what they do.

Who are these super lean people???

Body builders!

I always laughed when I used to go to the gym
    and compare all the LEAN body builders with
    the fat heffers in the next room doing aerobics and
    sweating likes pigs for hours on end.

I always wanted to say.... AHEM EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, isn't
    it OBVIOUS what actually works???

Muscle burns calories. End of story.

Wanna get lean??? Put on some muscle, and stop
    pigging out.

It's not rocket science.

Or just stop eating every other day :) Your choice.

peace

axeman

#24     Jul 16, 2003
  5. bone

bone

I've been on Atkins since May 2003, and dropped 25 pounds to date. Cholesterol has gone from 265 to 180 - with the good component (HDL?) improving. I'm eating nuts, red meat, cheeses, seafood and all manner of leafy greens with a frenzy - and the weight is dropping off really nicely. This is all I really needed to lose, but I like my energy level now and the better health. I think I'll keep some sort of Atkins-Lite type of diet. I think the real deal is the refined sugars and starches. You're right - first two weeks were a bitch. My trading did suffer. I think what didn't help matters was that I cut out caffeine and alcohol, too. Big mistake to cut out the caffeine. The Atkins vitamins also help with the energy level. Make sure to add some Chromium Picolinate, Vitamins C and E, and a Vitamin B complex.

Went back on the caffeine, kept on the Atkins induction program, and had a very nice month trading in June. I eat an Atkins bar and have two redeye Starbucks in the morning. Then, I pound the f**ckin' bonds all to hell and back.

I feel this thread is on point. How you feel - your physical and mental well-being, and your personal life, greatly affects your trading performance.

#25     Jul 16, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Agreed. Plus, since you're eating more fat, you're eating a lot less because you're not hungry all the time. Carbs are my downfall.

#26     Jul 16, 2003
  7. if you're deliberately eating a high fat/low carb diet you are insane.

bones, cut way back on meats & cheeses there mr market :)

oh yes .. and easy on your nuts

#27     Jul 16, 2003
  8. Eldredge

Eldredge

You need to drink a LOT of WATER with the Atkins diet. It has worked wonders for my wife who has tried low-fat etc. for years. But, you have to drink A LOT OF WATER or you will get head aches etc.

#28     Jul 16, 2003
  9. bone

bone

FasterFeline:

I'll be gentle with MY nuts - It's YOUR nuts I'm trying to step on!

#29     Jul 16, 2003
  10. NO ORANGE JUICE....DIET SODA. OH, PLEASE!!!!!!!

LET'S GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT--MOST OF THE EARTH'S POPULATION IS CLUELESS ON ANY SUBJECT!!!!! DIET IS NO EXCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I EAT ANYTHING I WANT EVERY DAMN DAY AND I SIT HERE HUGE AND RIPPED AT LESS THAN 5% BODY FAT. I'M PROBABLY LIKE 3-4%, ACTUALLY....

AND GUESS WHAT....... I'M EVEN DRINKING A BEER AS WE SPEAK AND I'M GONNA HAVE A FEW MORE AFTER THIS ONE!!!!!!!!

KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES YOU NEED EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN KNOW HOW MUCH PROTEIN YOU NEED!!!!!!!! HOWEVER MANY CALORIES YOU CAN TAKE IN AFTER THAT, EAT WHATEVER THE GOD DAMN F#$@ YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUICK EXAMPLE BEFORE I GET ANOTHER BEER........

SAY YOU NEED 2700 CALORIES TODAY TO MAINTAIN UR WEIGHT. SAY YOU NEED 600 PROTEIN CALORIES. THAT IS 2100 CALORIES LEFT TO EAT WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW, LOSING WEIGHT AND GAINING WEIGHT ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT AND I'M NOT GONNA GET INTO THAT NOW, BUT THE POINT REMAINS THE SAME.

I COULD GET RIPPED EATING NOTHING BUT TWINKIES (AND PROTEIN).

FRuiTY

P. S. I RAN 3 MILES THIS MORNING, COUNTED MY CALORIES AND PROTEIN ALL DAY, AND I JUST PUMPED SOME IRON. I DO THIS EVERY DAY. THAT IS HOW IT'S DONE.

#30     Jul 16, 2003