Trading while trying to lose weight on Atkins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jul 16, 2003.

1. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Send ChartingMarkets a PM. He's been there, done that and got the T-shirt.

#11     Jul 16, 2003
  2. small

small

I started Atkins on Saturday. I know exactly how you feel. But today I feel good and pretty sharp. I chalked my headaches up to caffeine withdrawal, and I did have a single cup of coffee this morning (rather than my normal 5 or 6).

Trade light tomorrow morning and by the afternoon you should feel like yourself again.

#12     Jul 16, 2003
  3. I was on the Atkins about 6 years ago for a few months, and got kidney stones shortly thereafter. I am not saying that the diet is what caused them, but I think there is some research linking the stones to the diet. Having kidney stones SUCKED!! It felt like getting kicked in the balls only the pain lasted for a week. (and I gained the weight right back) I don't want to knock the diet, though. If it works for you, it might be worth the risk. There are more serious health risks resulting from being overweight.

To finally lose weight, I tried to cut out foods with refined sugar as much as possible, and eat smaller portions more often, and run three miles 3x per week I went from 210 to 165 and I have had it off for around three years.

#13     Jul 16, 2003
  4. I started with Atkins diet about 5 years ago. I've been doing a modified version of it for the last 2 years. The modified version is from Sunday till Friday noon Atkins Diet, then load on carbs Friday evening until Saturday night. You need two workouts with this. A one hour serious weight session on Monday nite and serious weight/cardio session Friday evening before the carb load up. This way you can eat all the goodies you want within a week. Never gets boring.

I dropped from 225lbs to 165 in five years--steady weight loss. My cholesterol went down from 170 to 96. I like it when 18 year old girls check out my 37 year old body. I feel great and light.

My recommendation to you. Stop trading for just two weeks, since this is the most demanding phase of Atkins. Believe me all that Coke and OJ must have been doing all kinds of Insulin swings in your body.

I find trading and weight loss to be ver similar to each other. You have to do them both slowly (betting small) and steadily. Good luck in your new journey.

Check out these links:

http://low-carb.org/lylemcd/cyclic1.htm
    http://low-carb.org/lylemcd/cyclic2.htm
    http://low-carb.org/lylemcd/cyclic3.htm

Buy this book!!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0967145600/002-9869348-2838403?vi=glance

Chinook

#14     Jul 16, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Gee, I have used the Atkins diet for years and have had no problems with it. All I did was lose weight. I recommend it highly.
    www.atkins.com

All diets have one problem. You need to stay on them for life. I never found an easier one to follow. Maintenance on Atkins is not a bad way to eat.

I did Weight Watchers.....but I was always hungry. No fun.

#15     Jul 16, 2003
  6. This thread should be in the "DIET" forum. You guys (and bobcathy) are just too funny.

Exercise, eat right, drink plenty of water. Move on.

#16     Jul 16, 2003
  7. LMAO!! :D :D

#17     Jul 16, 2003
  8. jem

jem

Wow some excellent responses. This should be in the diet forum. By the way I clicked on chinooks link and now reading about what is happening to my brain as I switch from glucose fuel to kb fuel. No wonder I had no patience.

#18     Jul 16, 2003
  9. I have the simplest diet in the world that is proven to work,
    sometimes TOO well.

It's called anorexia.

Just stop eating... you will lose weight... duh :D

Seriously though.... starvation diets have been shown to
    extend life expectancy. Low cal diets prolong life.

peace

axeman

#19     Jul 16, 2003
  10. axe do you have willpower to actually fast? if so that's great not many do.

for how long do you fast? do you avoid all sustenance while fasting partaking only water? or do you drink juices? or are you pulling our legs completely off here? :)

#20     Jul 16, 2003