Trading While Drunk

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hii a_ooiioo_a, Apr 2, 2003.

1. prox

prox

Probably works well actually..

people that are too smart tend to overanalyze things..

some drunk guy would simplify :

gee, i can do :
    buy
    sell
    sit

chart is either going:
    up
    down
    sideways

#11     Apr 3, 2003
  2. WOW! Thats all I can about this thread. Its no secret that this industry is 99% extreme personality types but you guys take the cake. Good luck with those chemically enhanced trading strategies. :)
    C.

#12     Apr 3, 2003
  3. The secret to trading while drunk is simple - practice. Lots of practice. Not enough people stick with it when the initial losses start pouring in. Like anything worthwhile in life, you gotta be in it for the long haul, through the ups and the downs, the highs and the lows, the trips to the bar and the trips to the bathroom. You've got to really *live it* to make it work. Just give it the old college try, and tell me you're not happier trading from your room at the clinic.

Shameless Plug: I will be expanding upon this and other personal life strategies in my upcoming book, "The Fratboy's Guide to the Good Life: From Rich Mama's Boy to Cigar-Wielding President."

#13     Apr 3, 2003
  4. gwnorth

gwnorth

I'd rather do it drunk than hungover its a f@$!! of a lot less painful:D

#14     Apr 3, 2003
  5. I know they have a Gamblers Anonymous. But do they have a Daytraders Anonymous?

"Hello, my name is Bob, and I'm a Tradaholic!"

Hi Bob! We're here for you. We support you. We've all been there.

Bob: "I love you guys!"

Remember, Bob, it's One Day At A Time

Bob: "Oh, man, I hated that show! Well, I hated The Facts Of Life and Joanie Loves Chachi Too. What the hell kind of a name is Chachi anyhow? Or Squiggy? I never could stand Laverne And Shirley either. Three's Company pretty much sucked too. Suzanne Somers wasn't even that hot if you watch it again in reruns. Actually Suzanne Somers got better looking as she got older. Maybe it's all those thighmasters and buttmasters. Buttmaster, can you believe they actually sell something with a name like that, and it's not a Gay S&M thing?"

Bob, we think you need some more alcohol. Come on over to the table, have as much as you want. It's good for you.

#15     Apr 3, 2003
  6. Ontarion

Ontarion

Smoking weed gave me courage to make my first short, 3 years ago - it just seemed the right thing to do at that time! Actually made more in that trade than any I've made this week. The good herb also allows me to think in a longer time-frame - a lot less reaction at a temporary loss.

And booze gives me the fuel to take on the riskier bets and hold the positions...again more wins than losses there.

But the only times I've manually overrode a stop, and lost bigger, was when drunk, as well!

#16     Apr 4, 2003
  7. Crack gives me the reaction time to get the order in as the futures are spiking

#17     Apr 4, 2003
  8. I'm gonna be drunk tonight. :D

FRuiTY

#18     Apr 4, 2003
  9. Cocaine gives me the energy to analyze the markets non-stop for 4 days straight!

#19     Apr 4, 2003
  10. canuck

canuck

I'm actually talking to a few companies about being sponsorship opportunities. You might see me in an ad saying "My trading is up 37% over last year, and I owe it all to Bud Light. "

#20     Apr 4, 2003