Trading Watchlist- hole without end?!

Discussion in 'Journals' started by TTrading, Feb 28, 2017.

1. TTrading

TTrading

Hello Trading Community,

"if it doesn't make you money get it off the screen" well now lets talk about it

Currently I am having a bit of trouble in finding a good setup to create and monitor the watchlist. I have few EXCEL sheets that I use but i keep re-configuring the setup and adding-removing stuff all the time. Can you all please share a SCREENSHOT of your stocks watchlists and your ""Process""?? I would like to see examples that you all are using.

I don't expect anyone to answer all of these questions but if you see something that has helped you in creating and monitoring the watchlist please share...

-Do you have different Watchlists Weekly, Daily, Minute Chart???
    -Do you and how do you GRID OUT your supply and demand zones?
    -Do you use any indicators in your lists that you might like?
    -Do you MIX your Trading Platform Watchlist with Excel for say??
    -DO you use Technology (Iphone-Ipad) as additional tools and how?
    -Are you willing to share your process of implementing the Watchlist into your trading?
    -Does your watchlist have any Headge Agains XYZ examples?
    -Do you have a LONG-SHORT position watchlist and you monitor the spread?
    -DO you organize your watchlist by Sectors?
    -Does your watchlist have company stats where you input the earnings history ect....
    -DO you also have a Separate BREAD AND BUTTER stock watchlist thats more specific?
    -DO you keep economic data on your watchlist?
    -Do you preffer ALL ON PAPER vs DIGITAL only form?
    -Should I just keep things simple and basic? What are your thoughts

As you see this can rather be a extensive conversation. Basically I hope that the End result is a ULTIMATE WATCHLIST ready to take on the market and be able to adopt to ever-changing trading conditions.

Excited to see the range of responses...

Thank you for Reading and Posting.... :)

2. zdreg

zdreg

there is no such animal. like algorithms for HFT (high frequency traders) it has to be tweaked to successfully perform.

3. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Ever heard the acronym KISS ?

Keep It Simple Stupid

Lots of people fill up their screens with junk, stupid indicators that make their charts look like spaghetti and all the rest.

As I said KISS. People should be using the bare minimum they need for their trading style.

There is no such thing as an "ULTIMATE WATCHLIST" ... one person's "ultimate watchlist" will be another person's "ultimate list of junk".

Do your own homework. Only you know your trading style and interests.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  4. lindq

lindq

Tim Smith is correct. Simplify, simplify.

In 15 years my watch list has gone from 500 symbols to 3.

You might want to take a lesson in that.

TTrading likes this.
  5. truetype

truetype

Why? Do you stop trading any symbol you have a losing trade in?

6. TTrading

TTrading

Nope, i pretty much day-trade most of my position, keep medium to tight stop losses, ect. I do have a Watch-list but just scouting around to see if I can upgrade it from Design Wise to process implementation. I guess I should share what I am doing so far and see what the opinions are.

7. TTrading

TTrading

Great Point, I have my bread and butter stocks as well mostly ones with the ATR 1.25+. I keep basic watchlist on this one, I have a supply demand grid, and levels I wanna watch and use ALERT system with my Tradestation platform to get notifications If i am away or so.
    What stocks do you like trading if you don't mind sharing?