Trading vs Playing poker, will it help with my trading?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by magix3d, Oct 31, 2010.

1. henry76

henry76

no

#31     Nov 10, 2010
  2. I think the benefits are:

1) learning how to be patient to wait for a good, high probability setup, and learning not to take crappy setups because you're bored
    2) getting the feel for putting actual money down on an uncertain but statistically good outcome, as well as proper risk management of money
    3) knowing when to bail if your setup is no longer a good setup (ie. the flop exposes a possible flush, etc)
    4) understanding that you don't have any control over the actual cards, and being able to accept a loss, even though the setup was good.
    5) Based on how large your stack is, you can drastically affect the outcome of a hand or trade.

#32     Nov 10, 2010
  3. I don't believe your are turning marginal "poker pros"...
    Who are degens almost by definition...
    Into successful FX traders... this is just LOL.

ALL Poker Pros survive by bum-hunting fish or whales...
    There is no parallel to this in FX trading.

#33     Nov 13, 2010
  4. rosy2

rosy2

Actually the parallel to this in FX is the banks taking in customer flow. They will provide different bid/offers to different clients depending on various factors, one being if you're usually right

#34     Nov 13, 2010
    777 likes this.
  5. Again, Susquehanna International Group doesn't think so.

#35     Nov 14, 2010

6. LOL

My group is far from Degens.

The average income they make from poker is 40k per month and I have a few that make over 100k per month.

Believe whatever you wish but it's far from reality!

#36     Nov 14, 2010
  7. poker is like taking money from dumb people, just like trading. Except in trading you are more likely to be the dumb people (discretionary retail daytraders especially)

#37     Nov 14, 2010
  8. You have zero credibility with me.

There are probably << 100 Poker Pros that make $1,000,000/year...
    Probably less than 50 and that's with wild variance...
    And most of those have endorsement deals, etc...
    And are 100% totally committed to poker...
    And exactly ZERO of those would come to YOU for "FX training".

Why don't you just go away...
    And stop promoting your FX scam on ET...
    Without paying for an ET sponsorship

#38     Nov 14, 2010

9. Who the F are you and why would you think I care about whether or not ,you think I'm credible lol

You obviously have zero clue about the reality of online poker and you certainly no nothing about me.

You need to do what you do best and go and watch some more TV poker and then go and donate at your local cardroom or better still give me your online screen name so you can donate to me.

#39     Nov 14, 2010
  10. #40     Nov 17, 2010