Trading volumes at 5 year low.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Grandluxe, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Or it could just chop around in a range for several years like what we saw in the 70s.

#11     Aug 26, 2012

2. We've been in a range on larger timeframes,( month and year) for a while in the s$P. We'll see higher vol in the future, could be years away, could be hours, depends on your timeframe of reference really. All I know is quiet , loud , quiet , loud.

Each market is at a different place in it's vol cycle, yeah most things are correlated but Grains have had one hell of a run this summer on higher timeframes. Cl has more than enough intraday vol.

Just thinking out loud.

#12     Aug 26, 2012
  3. Are we here to trade or make money? Making money by holding is a bad kind of money?

#13     Aug 27, 2012
  4. That isnt trading, thats more like long term investing. I see trading (actively managing my funds) as a means to making a living, its very difficult to make a living with buy and hold unless you already have 10s of millions.

#14     Aug 27, 2012
  5. ehsmama

ehsmama

I mean - what worked in 70s works now...
    For example - cash rich companies are going up and earnings have begun to matter once again..
    Look at apple and Facebook

#15     Aug 27, 2012
  6. Stocks went nowhere in the 70s.

#16     Aug 27, 2012
  7. Hibah Yousuf is not a very good quantifier not qualifier.

The graph is evidence of his quantifying limitations.

His annotations show the limits of his qualifying events of the market.

Where the chart able to make comparisons over time, it would show three trends and what is now pending for the future of this Depression.

The first trend that shows is a climax run. An end of a trend is marked by excessive high volume as its leading indicator.

A non dominant short followed and failed. This was the familiar Failure to Break Out phenomena part of the chart.

There was no resumption of a trending long to speak of. the volume shows this attempted resumption nowadays as the long sentiment events come into play for decision making. Typically, near the end of this exhaustion, the remaining tests are all failures. No volume passing signals will arrive until the moment of the end of the trend.

This makes the final phase of the long term aspect of the Depression immenant. Years back (for your reference) I posted at year end the moves for the coming year as to time and market level.

Here years are involved as indicated by the time scale chosen.

Mostly anyone can decribe the last and final move of a Depression. Use other prior examples, for instance.

To appreciate the more subtle aspects of what is coming (volumewise) use an FOMC planned announcement and stretch it out over 10 to 12 years.

When I have called FOMC's over the years, here. I have always incuded the small prior P,V event before the announcement. (it is usally what puts a lot of people on the wrong side of the market prior to the "news" (all known in advance). Then the three swings occur which end the overall event. After that the market returns to the event prior sentiment and strengths.

today, the small prior P, V event is on the record.

The "equivalent news" announcement is coming as an election in a time of crisis. My understanding is that the event will happen before November and it will be formalized as stale news at election time.

This is where the Volume takes off and the last "long term short sentiment sets in". this is dominant move 1. The non dominant move 2 will be a long sentiment..

Then after the election in 2016, the third move will begin as a long term short dominant sentiment.

If you have kids in the 6yo range, then they start college (if you can still send them) at the end of the thrid move of the last leg of this Depression.

It is probably a good idea to not watch CNN or any of its pronosticators.

Sorry to interrupt the light weight posting in this thread.

#17     Aug 28, 2012
  8. So ask yourself: Why does hypostomus always just lurk around and always post following my posts? He will now answer using an alias he thinks can carry out the task assigned to him.

#18     Aug 28, 2012