Trading Video - What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TokyoGhetto, May 31, 2008.

1. If you look at the DOM you can see that he is 200 contracts deep into his trade. He is adding to his position using limit orders on the short side which are filled on retracements.

His profits are achievable during intraday trading.

1 es tick = 12.50

200 contracts x 12.50 = $2500 per tick

50,000/2500 = 20 ticks

20 ticks is achievable during an intraday move, s/he is compounding his profits by adding to a winning position.

Ohh and lets assume he is using a retail broker that allows $500 emini margin intraday.

200 contracts x $500 = $100,000 margin.

Letting his profit go from $50,000 to $30,000 would be no different then someone letting their profit go from $100 to $50. As long as the trade is still valid and you are still in profit then you are good to go. If people can't handle the wild profit swings of holding a large position, then they should consider scalping for ticks to minimize exposure/risk.

#11     Jun 16, 2008
  2. bathrobe

bathrobe

If I listened to that all day long I would have to take a Valium every 10 minutes.

#12     Jun 16, 2008
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

I think just the quick listen gave me a panic attack

#13     Jun 16, 2008
  4. #15     Jun 16, 2008
  5. the videos were created to illustrate some important principles in trading..

grossly, when prices are moving up get long, and when prices are moving down get short, but use chart points to determine previous support and resistance, for exits.

without price slippage, its very hard to trade a market unless your countertrending. On a significant emotional day the market is basically handing out free money..means when you see prices going down and get short, the market will continue to go down before it hits your profit point, which generally should be MOC orders..for optimal profits.

emotions are usually triggered from news events. Most trading days have a significant amount of noise in the price action meaning prices will move down and up and down and up.. but grossly they head up or down.

instead of a very emotional day, there is significant unidirectional slippage..

even though its hard to do, new traders should stick to the emotional days with major price swings. These day are like 5% of trading days.

#16     Jun 16, 2008
  6. jtnet

jtnet

spectre is on demo

also

dude in google video is using ttm trend indicator from trade the markets

#17     Jun 16, 2008
  7. ntmf

ntmf

Just the future trading.

The voice is some guy yelling the price of S&P mini future, like: bid sixty at even means people are bid at 1260.00 and ask at 1260.25

#18     Jun 16, 2008