Trading Vacations

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rs7, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Darkhorse,

The cool thing about the Heli-boarding is they can gear the terrain to your ability. I don't like really steep tight chutes. I prefer the wide steep faces that you can flow big carving turns and an occasional drop-off. You tell them, they'll get you to the terrain.

You in the bay area, Sac-town or Reno?

Later

#41     Jul 16, 2002
  2. Those texas jokes remind me of one I like.

An Okie and a Texan find a magic lamp and rub it.

The Genie pops out and says he will grant each man one wish.

The texan goes first and request that a 1 Mile high concrete wall be built around the great state of Texas in order to keep the land pure and the riff-raff of the surrounding states and countries out.

The genie grants the wish and a giant wall suddenly appears surrounding the entire state of Texas.

The genie turns to the Okie and ask "What is your wish?"

"Fill it to the top with Water!!!!" :D :D

#42     Jul 16, 2002

3. spent a few years in Tahoe and consider NV home...currently in the northwest, portland/vancouver area (WA not BC), will be heading back to reno/tahoe in next few years as my wife's family is back there and she wants them closer when we get around to having kids.

p.s. the heli dudes could probably set up a bunny run for me, but i want to earn the right to rip up the wicked stuff b4 i go just as a personal goal- right now i'm 'good' but i wanna be 'really, really good' before i splurge.... :D

#43     Jul 16, 2002
  4. I hear you.

It's kinda expensive compared to a $40-50+ lift ticket at a resort.

An Aunt lives in Saquamish, WA, I love that area. Great if you like the outdoors and nature.

We took a newbie (maybe two days boarding, but a good surfer) with us on a trip to Salt Lake this year. He was complaining that it was real hard to learn with all the people around cause he was afraid of running into them. He'd go balls out straight down and do the goofy-foot left turn faceplant stop. We basically filled him in that the beauty of the Diamond runs was that fewer people track them. We loaded him on Little cloud at snowbird and made him drop in on a black. Just let him know that it was ok to traverse the slope and take as much time as he liked. He wanted to know if it was OK to turn back up the face (go uphill) to scrub off speed, we were like "Ya, it's all good." By the time we got back to the Little Cloud lift again, he was hating on the lower slopes...... reason..... there were too many damn people down there!!!!!! It was a classic revelation. He also made a 100% improvement with the "into the fire" training...... :eek:

I plan on going boarding a lot more this coming year.

Later,

Cracked

#44     Jul 17, 2002
  5. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

Hawaii's nice (live there now), and also Colorado Springs, CO was good (used to live there) ..

other vaca places.. hmm how about some of those places that brooke burke goes to on e! wild on ?

maybe I'll meet her at a beach somewhere. and then i wake up lol.

#45     Jul 17, 2002