trading using moving averages

Discussion in 'Journals' started by padutrader, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Total BS! You don't understand at all how I use MAs.

#41     Sep 10, 2019
  2. I never told you how I "use MAs". From what did you draw your conclusions?

#42     Sep 10, 2019
  3. panzerman

panzerman

I don't have to. MAs don't work, and you are not some 1:10,000,000 person who has figured out how to make them work.

#43     Sep 10, 2019
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

That sound you're hearing is the howling and teeth-gnashing of an entire industry of algo traders/firms who, now recognizing their folly, and zeroing their accounts and packing up shop.

Hope you're proud of yourself.

:D

#44     Sep 10, 2019
    fan27 and speedo like this.
  5. speedo

speedo

People who don't understand how to use price derivatives should not use price derivatives.
    :D

#45     Sep 10, 2019
    S-Trader and tommcginnis like this.
  6. speedo

speedo

Derivatives are shortcuts to translating price action and can quite useful to day traders like myself who don't have the time to parse pure PA and want a quick reading of momentum dynamics. There have been a steady stream of fools through the years of ET decrying "this or that doesn't ""work"". Who are you trying to convince...those who actually use derivatives to earn a living or yourselves who have the need to doubt? BTW, believe what you will, nobody who trades gives a shit.

#46     Sep 10, 2019
    bbpp, S-Trader, birdman and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hello padutrader,

I like the idea and strategy. I too have adopted EMAs in my day trading approach. I have been looking for a reason to exit trades and concluded EMAs fits my situation.

#47     Sep 10, 2019
  8. You're full of crap, friend. I cut my teeth in TA starting with an observation about the 20 day MA. Some of the most profitable trades come from the 50 and 200 day... that's why EVERYBODY pays attention to them.... everybody except you apparently.

#48     Sep 10, 2019
    heispark likes this.
  9. heispark

heispark

IMHO, 50 EMA is a KING....... :thumbsup:

#49     Sep 10, 2019
  10. easymon1

easymon1

19 & 39 ema's

tfnn sr index interp

#50     Sep 10, 2019