trading turrets for sale

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marketsurfer, Apr 2, 2006.

1. no, i have not talked to seller, nor have i recd the turret.

surfer

#31     Apr 5, 2006
  2. In a month, they will still be paperweights on your desks. :)

#32     Apr 5, 2006
  3. Haha.. I can still get mine to work (as I said, already have the legacy IPC Tradenet MX, which I see someone is selling the same unit with the expansion board for like $270 i think)

But, nonetheless, a pretty paperweight

-c

#33     Apr 5, 2006
  4. just working you guys a little, joking.:)

#34     Apr 5, 2006
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

etrali (.com) do some turrets.

i was head hunted by them a year or so ago. i had no interest though cos id rather trade than go back to selling technology.

#35     Apr 5, 2006
  6. etrali's look very cool, but probably just insanely expensive. I had hoped that when VOIP first appeared on the horizon a few years ago, that at least in this sector things would become a bit more "open".. But alas, the vendors have incorporated VOIP capability, but still lock people in to their particular "platform". So, while you have the flashy phrase of VOIP-ready, the kicker is the extremely expensive backend hardware. It would be interesting to see someone pop up with a product that offers vendor interoperability with respect to the VOIP platform... but that is just my pipe dream i've held onto for years :D

#36     Apr 5, 2006
  7. I used these things broking at Smith Barney 15yrs ago!!!! They were crap then!!

#37     Apr 5, 2006
  8. #38     Apr 5, 2006
  9. TGM

TGM

we could start our own on GMail's talk!

I was thinking the same thing. VOip simplifies the technology in many ways. I think that may scare the Turret people. In realty it could bring alot more competition into the turret business and allow the Turret to run off of any old computer. New Turrets from BT ain't cheap The last thing the Turret boys want to do is to commoditize the Turret like a telephone. That would be death to their bottom line. But good for everyone else. Large Trading Corps and Securities company may demand it. I remember when multiple monitor cards were confined to Appian and Colorgraphics (I have been trading since 1994 roughly). Now there is all kinds of competition. When competition first arrived Appian went nuts suing MAtrox and Nvdia etc. Appian new it was over for the easy money. Traders are very lucrative clients----and they generally do not give a damn about costs as long as it works.

#39     Apr 5, 2006
  10. #40     Apr 6, 2006