trading turrets for sale

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marketsurfer, Apr 2, 2006.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

lol - you tart!

you just wanna impress the chicks - i know it!

:D

#21     Apr 4, 2006
  2. TGM

TGM

Yes, I used to do alot more floor business so I had direct lines and that impressed folks picking hitting a turret and getting a market. In fact, I miss the oohs and ahhs of the peanut gallery. If you do alot of floor business in Chicago --they will run a direct line to you. I know the cost is alot cheaper than it used to be. My old bond and note broker ran a direct line to me evertime I moved ----they loved my business and I used to HATE getting a new floor broker (still hate getting new brokers---it screws with my karma). Of course Mr Machine here put him out of business for most everything except options. :)

#22     Apr 4, 2006
  3. trade cash bonds and have a direct line to Cantor :D

#23     Apr 4, 2006
  4. yeah, i missed it... busy with spring sports and this dumb ass job.

i'm going to pick one of those turrets up.. Maybe 2

#24     Apr 4, 2006
  5. $$$lover

$$$lover

I doubt this is useful for a home set up or independent day traders....unless you have a large volume of incoming or outgoing ccalls.......and also it has the speaker box which is really only useful if you have a direct line to a broker showing you prices all day...so its really for bank traders and salesmen.....I must admit I would like to have it at my bank....we have an older system yet!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

#25     Apr 4, 2006
  6. TGM

TGM

If you have direct lines at home ---you need some kind of turret. They are not that big of a deal ---they do their job. I am interested to see how VOIP changes this --hook up a turret to the web ---and then to all the direct lines via the internet.

ChicagoBondKing ---since you have the latest technology sound off on this. Are turrets going Voip on the internet? (kind of lke skype for trading desks). It makes sense ---it would have to cut costs big time.

#26     Apr 4, 2006

7. cool. i paid top $ at the ask price, not knowing he had many more. you should be able to get it at $8.95.

talk soon,

surfer

#27     Apr 4, 2006

8. yep. you figured me out! :D :D

#28     Apr 4, 2006
  9. Um.. I know there's a company in the UK that has made a VOIP "turret" if you will... More like a VOIP Hoot n Holler system.

VOIP has definitely cut costs... Take the traditional hoot system. Typically, it was a bunch of leased lines connecting offices. LL's ain't cheap.. Now, I know of a couple firms that have at least moved some of their hoots to a VOIP infrastructure. As VOIP grows and proves itself to the Wall St tech vets, I would imagine the expensive PLAR lines connecting brokers to each other will also begin to transition over to VOIP.

The cost factor is simple. You already invest a boatload of money in Internet connectivity, why not slap on some QoS for the VOIP traffic (bump your corporate employee web browsing priority to the lowest) and utilize the i'net backbone you have?

#29     Apr 4, 2006
  10. surfer-

have you had a chance to talk to the seller yet? Before I go "all in" just want to see if you've gotten any vibes..

-c

#30     Apr 5, 2006