Trading training book idea

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CasperCRF, Jan 20, 2006.

1. I've been reading some books lately and I was just thinking that no one has really written a book that is kind of like mixing a book with a simulator. You could have a chapter on some method you are trying to teach and then you would have a CD where it would simulate a stock trading. You could have it interactive so the trader decides when to make the trade and what size position and things like that. Then let it play out and see if they are picking up on the method. I think that would be more effective then just showing them an old chart with the trade shown on it.

This way you can replay that situation over and over again and it doesn't have to be when the market is open. For example the Opening Orders strategy. If you had a couple months of data for 100 different stocks and you could try to simulate how your opening orders would pan out but you wouldn't have to wait 24 hours each time to test your strategy again. Not really backtesting but seeing if you are following the strategy.

Not like I'm in the position to write something like this but it just seems like it would be a good idea.