Trading Track Record

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Tiney Winey, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Hi,

When a prop firm requests a trading track record for joining a team, what is minimum length of swing trading history you should have before submitting an application?

Thanks

2. mikeriley

mikeriley

Every firm has different conditions.
    You'll need to ask the firm the same
    question.

3. Thanks. I'll include pics from Scores to get a response from them.

4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Where's Mahattah? Near Mumbai?

5. That's how they pronounce it in the Appalachian mountains.

6. When prop firms request a trading track record, they typically look for a history that demonstrates consistent performance and risk management over time. While there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer, a minimum of 1 to 2 years of trading history can be a good starting point. This period allows you to show how you've navigated various market conditions, which is valuable information for prop firms. It's not just about the length, though; the quality of your trading decisions, your risk-to-reward ratio, and how you've managed drawdowns are equally important.

Tiney Winey likes this.
  7. Newbie here, but I've been lurking on trading forums for a while, and this whole idea of a verifiable track record in the Wild West of day trading feels like trying to lasso a greased pig. Don't get me wrong, transparency is ideal, but a trader's secret sauce is just that - secret.

8. How many proprietary trading firms would spill their algorithms just to prove their chops? Maybe a performance benchmark against a standard index fund could be a compromise? Level the playing field a bit and showcase skill without revealing the magic trick.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2024