Trading to Live

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Fleming Snopes, Dec 9, 2009.

1. BTW, this is sooooo complicated. In addition to time, price and volume, it uses only five variables and one constant. The code is 14 SLOCs, SLOC length being determined by the most number of statements that will fit on a line printable on A-size paper. This proves that not only can SCT be codifried so that any idiot can understand and use it, but also that it can be done by a person of low moral character. And to my disloyal supporters, most of whom are not even on the board any more, I apologize for the delay in completing this monumental eight year task. My creativity flows in unpredictable fits and starts tending to coincide with attacks of flatulence.

#41     Dec 22, 2009
  2. I would imagine that short stories are your literature of choice.

#42     Dec 22, 2009
  3. Indeed. Preferably with Canadian settings. In fact, I intend to buy Canada with my compounded SCT winnings. But only a province at a time, starting with Ontario.

#43     Dec 22, 2009
  4. Hmm your goodbye, ET post from 6 days ago...

12-16-09 09:44 PM

Jack, savor this post, because it will be my last for a long time. I have learnt in the last two weeks that I am utterly and udderly irrelevunt to the currunt generation of ET. I hate that. So humbiliating. ...I bid you "Adieu. Remember me." Kindly do not die without warning me first, so I can feel appropriately like shit.

Actually, you started reposting on the 19th, only 3 days later... Has the value of a "long time" undergone deflation? :D

#44     Dec 22, 2009
  5. Goodbye doesn't mean forever. Just ask David Gates. On the other hand, in your case, it would be refreshing.

#45     Dec 22, 2009
  6. TZ, it's not deflation. Rather deflatulation. My intraday systems are geared to wider range days than today's. So I find myself at loose ends, so to speak. And finishing codifrying SCT was a loose end. All the parts were there, so it took only five minutes. Repeat after me: "Increasing...decreasing...increasing...decreasing..." Also I am gratifried that it has taken 25 trades so far today, about what Jack says you should trade at the exspurt level. I should add that during those five minutes it was not safe to light a match.

#46     Dec 22, 2009
  7. I love writing about SCT. It is such total bullshit that when I slather it with my own bullshit it almost looks respectable. Attached are the results of my automated SCT code for the day. The upper study is for one minute traders, like me. The lower study is five minute simulated on one minute, with the advantage that you can actually see what the hell is going on. How did either perform? Don't ask. But you can't argue that they didn't catch the turns. Of course this was a terrible day to play SCT. Next time we get a wide ranging day I'll post the results. Some may ask, why not an even lower time frame than one minute? It is because that is the fastest time frame where volume appears to lead price. You go any lower, and you can clearly see it ain't so.

#47     Dec 22, 2009
  8. To reiterate, I am posting to help fellow traders who may share the same perceptual malady from which I suffer. The congenital inability to see things that aren't there. This deficit prevented me for years from being able to become an SCT trader. But no more. I have managed to write code which can see what I cannot. Attached is the result for NQ so far today. It is an emulation on one minute of what a beginner level SCT trader should see on a five minute chart. Based solely on the PV delation. The code went long six minutes into the session and stayed long.

#48     Dec 24, 2009
  9. For many years now I have been posting bullshit TA that I hoped was credible enough to dupe the unwary but original enough to provide amusement to the wary. Usually those were "brilliant" ideas that failed backtesting. Occasionally I have posted things which actually work, knowing full well that no one would believe them, given my track record as a Loki. In both regards, Jack has always been my idol. He is a hard act to follow, but I think I will outlive him and have the last larf. Imagine my surprise, then, when I coded up a computer literate version of Beginner SCT, and found that it WORKED! Yesterday, anyway. I still think it is bullshit. Not mine. Jack's.

#49     Dec 25, 2009
  10. A rather curious result from my 14 SLOC beginner SCT code for ES today.

• esh0.jpg
      File size:
      15.2 KB
      Views:
    #50     Dec 28, 2009