Trading to Live

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Fleming Snopes, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Thanks, Jack, glad you enjoyed it. Probably more than when I rag on you. But I WAS ragging on you. Red-ish and blue-ish were meant to poke low fun at "increasing" and "decreasing." Guess I was too subtle. As to prices in boxes, remember your Darvas. He would be even older than you if he were alive today. Sorry to hear your ailments are many. Interesting that you keyed in on the use of color. I spend a lot of time getting them and sounds just right to convey the correct level of urgency and setting up the correct emotional frame of mind. ESignal has a couple of sounds that are almost Caribbean, slightly flat, that say "We're not quite ready yet, but get ready," with more melliflluously urgent sounds which follow up on a tick beat, emulating to some extent pit noise. I do so love trades off a one second chart. I have been recommending it to you for some time because it shows things happening that you just can't see or deduce from slower bars. As someone responded to my candles thread, the market doesn't march to an on-the-minute metronome. Regarding SS, I am kind of embarrassed to take it, but it represents a net present value of a couple hundred K at my age, give or take. Considering that I put $72K into it, it could be worse. Thank goodness they exclude investment income from eligibility. Have a nice weekend shepherding your sheep, haha! Oh, BTW, that system I showed you was a real one. My retirement plan. Of course I won't be able to resist tweaking it incessantly, but it works OK. Not as good as SCT, of course, but I can't always be "always in," on account of a weak bladder and the need to take frequent naps, verging on narcolepsy.

#31     Dec 12, 2009
  2. [​IMG]

Fleming, I may not be a Snopes, but perhaps my children may be, God only knows. Help these children and continue teaching us your ways. Thanks in advance,

#32     Dec 13, 2009
  3. Sickie, bearing in mind the sad progression of three generations of my literary forbears, I enjoined my own progeny: take care that you do not pass from white trash to white trash in three generations. But this thread is a journal. So tomorrow I shall post some astonishing trade prints. Backtesting suggests that the first trade was a total fluke. Fortunately, the account balance does not know that.

#33     Dec 13, 2009
  4. [​IMG]

I put a fence outside of my trailer to keep the white trash out, so no worries here.

Just keep in mind the trading account balance doesn't matter, the only matter is the amount of money your move from your trading account to your bank account.

Looking forward to your journal.

[​IMG]

#34     Dec 14, 2009
  5. This hyar were ma day. Hope yourn were better. Ah giss hit cud be, a cause of everboddy's charts all a lookin' diffunt. Price didn't do diddly on my chart, so's ah jist made it littler an' blowed up the Mr. Hershey's volly-yoom Goosians. Usual they's sumpin a goin' on thar. Not terday, tho, they uz wild goosians. Wall, ah din't make the trailor park rint. Tha little nabar girl's pet rabbit's a lookin' moughty good far dinner! Ah doan thank ah'm goan do this a tradin' na marr. Doan knoe whut happun't ta Mr. Hershey's ginrus markit pairadime today, but hit din't mekk me one damn dime, much less a pair um! Pool extractshun? Marr lakk a damn tooth extractshun!

#35     Dec 14, 2009
  6. This thread is under new management. ET at large may not have perceived much value in it, but I did. One look at Snopes' chart for the morning and I knew that it was so wacky and incomprehensible that the trading public (that would be you) would be compelled to buy it because of the sheer affrontive gall which I shall now proceed to wrap around it. Take a peek at the attachment before we continue. Now how many of you have looked at seemingly-spiky-random SCT volume charts and muttered (or screamed) "I don't see a damned thing there!" The genius of Snopes (for trailer trash, that is), was in being so stupid that he coded an algorithm to allow him to see what isn't there. And rechristened what isn't there "goosians." My own rather more credible genius (for I own the trailer park Snopes lives in), was in recognizing and promulgating before you, here and now, the "Theory of the Greater Goosian". See the vertical aqua and red trade entry bars. If you can't figure out how I constructed them, you are totally hopeless and I recommend that you PM Spydertrader to explain it to you. So I paid to get Snopes' dog out of the pound (its third time this week), renewed his pre-teen daughter's birth control pill prescription (hopefully not too late), and personally whitewashed his pitiful twelve inch high wooden lath picket fence. I threw the faded and flaked plastic pink flamingo in the dumpster for free. Now I own the charting scheme, the goosian visualization algorithm, the concept of greater goosians, and the middle price study which confirms the volume-based call and which I will reveal only to the annointed (of the paying kind, and I am quite flexible on the form of payment). Don't bother asking for confirming trade executions. ET gurus don't do that. (And if any of the cleverer among you think that price and volume formation was totally fortuitous or adventitious, kindly keep your opinions to yourselves.)

#36     Dec 15, 2009
  7. My old eyes got so tired of trying to watch the goosians and the pricians simultenuously in different panes that I decided to let the goosians lay their golden eggs on top of price. Hope you like it, Todd. Now will you puleeeze award me my junior H-Man badge? I'll give you the code for my Mal-Adaptive Moving Average. It's so hopelessly out of phase that it's a fabulous reverse indicator.

#37     Dec 16, 2009
  8. WTF Fleming, was hoping for some kind of update. The future of my kids depends on your further analysis. Get your ass back here.

By the way, others have been wanting to take over this thread. [​IMG]

#38     Dec 17, 2009
  9. Bump in the event that Fleming may see this and decide to post his his code.

#39     Dec 18, 2009
  10. I will keep this brief. Lord knows ET storage and bandwidth are exceedingly precious, given the consistently high quality of posting. And most of you don't know what the hell I am talking about anyway. And those who do don't believe me. I came here to help. And now my work here is done. Attached is SCT fully automated on a one minute chart. I post this even though today is a narrow range day. And everybody knows SCT doesn't work for shit on a narrow range day. As a reminder, I chart on one minute because my health being what it is I can never be sure that I will live to see the end of a five minute bar.

#40     Dec 22, 2009