Trading times for Thursday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, May 14, 2003.

1. At this time I have 10:05 and 12:15est trading times for Dow . If after the opening I will see something developing I will post it here.
    I received mail where I was asked to do the same thing for stocks and CSCO was suggested to me. I will look at it tomorrow if I have a time. Maybe, if there is an interest I can do a few stocks next week so post or send you suggestion for some active stocks.
    Walter

2. exce26

exce26

How do you determine the trading time?

3. I use a combination of market geometry and math formula which allows me to predict at what time in the future my chances to enter profitable trade are the greatest. I use a set of basic indicators (MACD and 21MA ) to determine if I enter trade at trading time posted.
    If criteria are not met, there is no trade and I do not have to watch market till next trading time is up. It just simplify trading and should greatly reduce a stress, mainly because it will give you off time during trading session.
    Walter

4. Is your time forecasting based on Gann? Thanks

~EC

5. No, there is nothing constant like angles or ratios, Gann, Fib, Elliot. Each trading time is calculated separately with different parameters because preceding price swings differ from each other.
    Walter

6. funky

funky

what interests me the most about what you are doing is the fact that if this is indeed a reliable way to predict movement/volume in the market, the stress goes WAY down. i mean, you don't have to be glued to the screen the whole day -- that is one drawback to daytrading that i have found. its nice to be able to go for a walk or run some errands.....anyways, nice job and keep up the good work!

7. yeah thank god for guys like walther making us all rich.

8. And we thank god for you too bungrider for giving us a daily setting by which we can all synchronize our negativity meters.:D

9. That is EXACTLY why I developed this method, I do not want to croak too soon ?
    Thanks,
    Walter

10. If to be rich is your goal, you have to do it by yourself ( I prefer happy and comfortable ), my method can help you , there is no doubt about it.
    Walter

#10     May 15, 2003