Trading times for Monday trough Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, May 17, 2003.

#51     May 22, 2003
  2. kernan

kernan

We must be looking at two different charts. The last call was good, the first two were not tradeable, IMO.

I am not criticizing you either, and appreciate you sharing. But, you seem to be getting cocky Walther!!!

#52     May 22, 2003
  3. Thanks for the charts, but this week trading times analysis is done for Nasdaq100. Most of the time you can trade Nasdaq from Dow or SP and vice versa but last two days that was not the case. It shows little better on Nasdaq100 charts, look at 8 period CCI divergence at these times.
    Thanks again,
    Walter

#53     May 22, 2003
    #54     May 22, 2003
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

2 things;

1) you need a matching end quote when you quote thus for amg quote you need [/QUOTE] for it to show up properly

2) when you post trading times specify for which market if not too much trouble.

#55     May 22, 2003
  6. In defence of Walter here.

I've just pulled up a 1 min chart of NQ and looked at 10:40 EST with 8 CCI.

At 1540 exactly there was a tiny short scalp for 1-1 1/2 points, However, there was a very tradable long for 3-4 points at 1043/1044 EST with a good CCI signal. Yes, it was a continuation inside a bigger trend, but nevertheless there. In my view a good entry point into a relatively low risk trade. Take a look at the 1 min NQ to see it. Also - he did state at the beginning of the week he was calling times for Naz and not ES or Dow.

Also, I'm sure he can be forgiven for being there 2-3 minutes early (in time to see the signal and take the trade)...

Natalie

#56     May 22, 2003
  7. Today's range from 11:00 till closing was so small that I was thinking of just not posting any trading times . It would be nice to take Friday off. But I just squeezed two trading times out of nowhere. Here they are :
    Trading times for Friday : 9:35 and 10:10est.

Next week I will do S&P500.
    Thanks to all for participating !
    Walter

#57     May 22, 2003
  8. Quah

Quah

Perhaps you can explain the criteria you are using to determine if a call is "correct" or "incorrect".

#58     May 22, 2003
  9. kernan

kernan

I did not call you or your calls a dud.

Here is the deal - if you are coming up with trading times for scalps, that is great. I still disgree on the first two calls being tradeable - you take the best case scenario (in and out at the lowest/highest point). If your rules are take a quick point at the time, ok. But, I was under the impression the trading times were MORE significant than that. I probably came to that impression on my own - sorry.

#59     May 22, 2003
  10. Quah

Quah

There lies the rub. A "call" will only be proven correct at the exit - the the "calls" as we get them are only for the entry.

If the "call" is intended to give only 1 or 2 NQ points, then you are right - they can't be that significant. I also assumed the times were supposed to be at significant points of reversal or continuation.

#60     May 22, 2003