Trading times for Monday trough Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, May 17, 2003.

1. Walther - what is CCI divergence? Sorry if you have talked about this elsewhere...

#31     May 21, 2003
  2. Looks like a war of attrition going on...

Natalie

#32     May 21, 2003
  3. gms

gms

I meant "funneling" in the sense of "narrowing to", "concentrating on", "focusing on". I just don't get all too many occasions to use the word "funneling".

But anyhow, I take it the answer to my question about funneling your indicator to work with individual equities, as suggested by Seykota, would be, "no", that you're seeking to explore your indicator as a general "all high probability setups are welcome" approach dictated by the indicator's signal (time). In that respect, I would think your indicator is to be viewed much like the TICK, in that it indicates a sentiment of direction that may be used to gauge entry time.

That being the case, since, unlike the TICK, which displays the amount of upticks vs downticks, your indicator has to do with time, perhaps you'd consider naming your indicator the TICK TOCK.

#33     May 21, 2003
  4. ROFL

Natalie

#34     May 21, 2003
  5. amg

amg Guest

It's 4x18, and 18 is the Bollinger band width I prefer, when I use them.

I really don't think the 72 ma is anything magical, but its value lies in being sufficiently large on any time scale to remind the trader of the next higher time frame. EG, a 72ma on 5m is 24ma on 15m chart or 12ma on 30m chart. If you like something more geometric, like a Fibonacci number, you could use 89. Again, nothing grail-ish. amg

#35     May 21, 2003
  6. Commodity Channel Index is an indicator, when it moves in opposite direction then price that is called divergence.
    Go to Equis.com and use search box. They have almost anything there.
    Walter

#36     May 21, 2003
  7. LOL, I actually prefer european spelling TIK- TAK

Walter

#37     May 21, 2003
  8. And on and on, I hope we do not have to wait too much longer for resolution of this fight.

Trading time of 15:10 was right on time , good CCI divergence ( I fired MACD today )
    Trading times we correct but I feel that only two later trading times ( 13:25 and 15:10est) were tradeable.
    Today count : 2correct ,tradeable , 1 correct, not tradeable( unless you are a scalper )
    Walter

#38     May 21, 2003

9. What period do you use, and on what timeframe chart? Thanks.

#39     May 21, 2003
  10. I use 8 period CCI on 1 and 5 min charts for this tread.

Trading times for Thursday are : 10:40, 11:15, 14:25 est.
    Have a fun,
    Walter

#40     May 21, 2003