Trading times for Monday trough Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, May 17, 2003.

1. I think there are 2 issues here.

1 is being able to accurately predict times when things will happen, and then anyone can have systems where one or other of their trading signals is triggered at aound that time, and they have a trade they can take.

2 is trying to predict what that signal will actually be at the stated time and then which way to trade and at what price.

1 to me gives the felxibility of a reliable so far alert time where any trading signal can happen, and all I have to do is spot it and act upon it.

2 starts to be something I would be very worried about and almost certainly would reject unless it proved to be so accurate that I couldn't possibly ignore it. The other downside of 2 is that where such information is given out and large numbers of people follow it, it is easy for a big player to 'spoil' the trade and take profits out.

I'm inclined to think that this is one of those occasions where less is more, and Sekota is wrong.

Natalie

#21     May 20, 2003
  2. Exactly, trading times is very good confirmation and additional filter for already existing methods . It should reduce number of losing trades, therefore making trading less stressful.
    Most of the traders know what direction they are about to take few minutes ahead anyway .
    Walter

#22     May 20, 2003
  3. I have a strange feeling about tomorrow. I think there will be another attempt to shake off shorts .
    Well, here we go.
    Trading times for Wednesday: 10:30, 13:35, 15:10est
    It looks like there is going to be a shoot out in the afternoon.
    Walter

#23     May 20, 2003
  4. Walt(h)er,

I read your post about not revealing your system. Understandable. May I ask though, being that it is time based, could you tell what the variables inside the study consists of ? For example: Pace , Volatility , and Support/Resistance ?

#24     May 20, 2003
  5. amg

amg Guest

My sentiments exactly :) amg's charts (daily & weekly)

I'm still adapting to your times and how they integrate with price. It looks like your signals tend to have about a 10 minute window, which isn't at all that bad. But it can lead to head fakes if taken too literally. The trick is determining the dominant trend (by whatever other indicators one uses) and only then taking the trade. Using a 21ma on a 5m chart, today's morning session had little to call a trend. The best turn was the 12:45, which actually came in at 12:35.

I added a 72ma to indicate the "dominant" trend while looking only at a 5m or lower chart.

best, Ana Maria

[​IMG]

#25     May 20, 2003
  6. It is based on size and duration of price swings ( Pace and Volatility fits within ), most recent( intraday ) support and resistance are not considered at all, only significant sup/res on daily charts are used . I just want to determine the TIME of a highest probability of profitable trade ,based on past price action.
    Walter

#26     May 21, 2003
    #27     May 21, 2003
  8. Anna Maria,
    Great chart!
    This is what is this tread all about. Take your proven method and filter it with trading times . You added 72MA and I could see a stoch divergence at 12:45 on your chart. Right on money !
    Thanks,
    Walter

#28     May 21, 2003
  9. 10:30 est was a correct call we got CCI divergence right on time.
    It would be more like a scalping trade against trend so I do not think that many traders would take it.
    13:35 was a correct call also with indicator confirmation .
    It is a tug of war over control of direction of the trend . we will se what happens around closing.
    Walter

#29     May 21, 2003
  10. Why 72MA? Thanks!

#30     May 21, 2003