Trading times for Monday trough Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, May 17, 2003.

1. I would like to know from traders here what improvements or indicators would they add to MA and MACD filters I am using now in conjunction with "trading times ".
    Thanks

#11     May 20, 2003
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

does your project chart look anything like this

• es5m.gif
      File size:
      11.2 KB
      Views:
    #12     May 20, 2003
  3. No,I do not try to project price levels anymore,I think it just complicates things . I just post times and wait for a setup around them.
    Walter

#13     May 20, 2003
  4. Walt(h)er,

The 21ma cross and MACD divergence that you mentioned, was this on a 1m timeframe ?
    Thanks.

#14     May 20, 2003
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

#15     May 20, 2003
  6. Yes, price crossed and CLOSED above 21MA 9:40est divergence of MACD was almost nonexistent because of an opening gap . It should be good for a couple of points.
    Feel free to experiment with your own settings or use some other indicator for divergences like CCI or RSI like it was suggested to me by members here.

If someone pm me in last few days and did not received response, try to email me. It seems to me that my pm box is not working. Can someone send me a test pm, so I know if it was fixed ?
    Thanks,
    Walter

#16     May 20, 2003
  7. at 10:50est there was an intermediate top, Ma's were far away to be even thinking about crossing, 15 min later almost at the same price level we got cross and divergence. Look at this day carefully, struggle between bulls and bears is evident and it is usually a good idea to stay away. Since we have a trading times and tight stops we do not have to .
    So far 2 correct trading times today.
    Walter

#17     May 20, 2003
  8. gms

gms

Maybe this is something? Found a recent post on Ed Seykota's site about a system very similar to yours, where times are given by the system, those times being generated by a 21 MA and MACD, and Seykota answered the post. Here's the original post, followed by Seykota's reply, and then my question:
    And Ed Seykota's reply:
    Following up on that thought, have you considered the possibility of funneling your approach to signal individual positions?

(P.S. The Seykota post is found at http://www.seykota.com/tribe/pages/2003_May/May_11-17/index.htm )

#18     May 20, 2003
  9. gms,
    I think that Seykota did not have enough time to look more closely at this . Or he is just not interested, being long term trader, so I have heard .
    What do you mean by " funneling " ?
    Walter

#19     May 20, 2003
  10. Today was an interesting day, where bulls and bears were and still are fighting over direction of couple of next days.

12:45est trading time was right on money, we got MA crossover and close below right there . That is how it is supposed to be ! Picture perfect setup!
    Macd divergences are not working too good today I am ready to replace it, maybe with CCI but not this week.
    Today we had 3 correct trading times.
    Walter

#20     May 20, 2003