Trading times for Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, May 15, 2003.

1. I mentioned "danger" because of the Michigan report around that time. That's all.

#11     May 16, 2003
  2. Because it is Friday I will wrap it up early.
    Today both trades , 9:50 and 13:25est were a good trades, confirmed by indicators and right on time.

Summary for a week:
    9 correct trading times . If you followed indicators properly all of these would be profitable. Hypotheticaly these trades should bring about 1,400.00 after commisions in real world and less experienced trader should still get about 600.00 hypotheticaly of course , do not ask me for statements,please.
    3 trading times were not confirmed by indicators so no one should have been trading those.
    No losing trade this week.

Next week I will be posting Nasdaq100 trading times , I never followed Nasdaq so I am entering uncharted teritory . I will be working on it over the weekend .
    Thanks for a great emails and pm's .
    Have a nice weekend. I will be back Monday.
    Walter

#12     May 16, 2003
  3. I don't follow them, but sometimes I check later on how they worked out and must say that they do pretty well.

#13     May 16, 2003
  4. For instance today there was a good setup around 13:25. I switched from a short to a long around 13:35, but actually forgot about it. I thought I simply exited my short position. Some time later, when I wanted to put on a short I noticed that my long was 3 ES points in the money. For this particular long position a better entry was actually closer to 13:25 than to 13:35.

#14     May 16, 2003
  5. Not bad again, I went short at 15:04, close enough, but 14:30 was even better for a short today. That's one of my favorite times of all time, but has nothing to do with any type of particular analysis, just a matter of observation. The reversals that happen in the afternoon often happen during the 14:00-14:30 period. So 14:30 is somehow singled out because it is the end of this period.

#15     May 16, 2003
  6. So you are already looking more closely at about 10:00... 12:15... 2:30? It is interesting that the reversals shift somewhat from day to day by 10 to 20 minutes. Maybe tracking the time of moves from days prior gives some clue as to how the next session will behave?

~EC

#16     May 16, 2003