Trading times for Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, May 8, 2003.

1. I am guessing its similar to the elliot wave theory, measuring lenght of time and extending the projection of the triangle.

But what do I know? Just a guess.

Michael B.

#31     May 9, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The last time we went through this, the call could be off by as much as thirty minutes. Plus there was no indication as to direction or degree of move. When they work, at least a few people get excited. Most of the time, tho, they're just shots in the dark.

#32     May 9, 2003
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

friday 10:50 nice buy

#33     May 9, 2003
  4. What is oddharmonic?

Michael B.

#34     May 9, 2003
  5. TGregg

TGregg

LOL. Not only does he fail to get my handle right, he can't even spell his own. :D

As far as "more traffic" is concerned, he's welcome. We all need fresh meat in the markets. If he makes a fee from new blood, well he deserves it.

#35     May 9, 2003
  6. lundy

lundy

electricsavant, what do you mean by projection of the triangle? I didn't know elliotwave used triangle.

#36     May 9, 2003
  7. You are just pathetic liar, My last Friday call for wednesday noon top ( 5 days in advance) was 10 min off . You did not check anything . Why do not we have a little contest ? I post trading times before opening and you post them too ? Dow jones is the market. Let's do it for a week.
    I doubt you will show up .
    Walter

#37     May 9, 2003
  8. I can care less about correct spelling of your handle, as far as my handle goes it is spelled Walther, but my signature is Walter. You are just too stupid to know the difference.
    You are just an ignorant wannabe .

#38     May 9, 2003
  9. Doesn't elliot wave use time and price? so, I was guessing that he combines an intersection point of his triangle with some elliot wave numbers on different timeframes.

But I have no idea what I am talking about.....so I will shut up now.

Michael B.

#39     May 9, 2003
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Seems like everyone who doesn't give Walter an "atta-boy" he flames (or puts on Ignore). A good trader is out there trading and doesn't spend his/her time ranting at those who don't worship a call. Besides, the "call" wasn't anything really too significant, especially given the original post didn't suggest whether the move would be up or down.

And if you look at the "call" for today you might notice that we had a gap up at the open. Heck, the COMPX gapped up 10-11 points, a bigger move than the move at/around 10:50. Looking at the COMPX we then bounced from a slight pullback at 10:30 up off 1500 to around 1505. Then as we approached 11:00 we move to around 1510. So is that it? A 5 point move? Seems we had a bigger move around noon from 1510 to about 1520 by 12:30. Bottom line for me is that a 5 point move (1505 --> 1510) is a move in the COMPX that happens fairly often on an intra-day basis.

#40     May 9, 2003