Trading time on YHOO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Jan 9, 2012.

1. hajimow

hajimow

By the way YHOO is outperforming S&P the last few days. Don't expect a linear uptrend from YHOO. wait for a POP.

#31     Feb 7, 2012
  2. hajimow

hajimow

Check it out. It is 1:41 PM ET and YHOO is down about a couple of cents but look at the volume. It is less than 3.5M. Very very low. It is a proof that there is absolutley no selling pressure on this stock making it ready for a pop.

#32     Feb 7, 2012
  3. hajimow

hajimow

#33     Feb 7, 2012
  4. #34     Feb 8, 2012
  5. TheLeeMan

TheLeeMan

I know you guys are techies, but with Yahoo I think the fundamentals speak just as clearly: their 2 main business lines are basically search engines, and real estate.

I'm not even going to comment on the real estate division in this climate, and whilst it isn't as simple as saying that the search engine war is (just Ask.. Jeeves. And Lycos, and a load of others), for the immediate future they've got no chance, and there's probably more downside risk to their rankings in the search engine war than up, unless every Social media stalwart combines with Bing & Yahoo to gang up on Google.

(q411 earnings slides here for those interested http://investor.yahoo.net/results.cfm)

The only thing they've really got going for them right now is the Bing 10 year deal, which is already in the price and I can't see anyone lumping them another load of money for nothing, so I say put away.

#35     Feb 8, 2012
  6. hajimow

hajimow

Another possible big announcement by YHOO tomorrow.

#36     Feb 8, 2012
  7. hajimow

hajimow

90% for the last 5 months.

#37     Feb 8, 2012
  8. hajimow

hajimow

YHOO is up pre market. Now I am selling my sharest 16.10 and higher. Anything above 16 I am happy. I will unload my shares as I believe it will retreat again.

#38     Feb 9, 2012
  9. awesome trade ! what led u to believe it would retreat again ?

#39     Feb 9, 2012
  10. hajimow

hajimow

Volme was not there. If it was a real deal, we should have seen at least 5M+ shares traded before the bell. It was barely 500K.

By the way, I was buying AH yesterday (on Wednesday) when the stock was dropping from 15.78 to 15.70 as the volume was not there either. Only 44K shares traded AH yesterday so I was buying with confidence that nothing is happening.

#40     Feb 9, 2012