trading thru IB using Medved QT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kiwiboy, Jul 16, 2003.

1. What kind of error message do you get?

#11     Jul 22, 2003
  2. I just fixed it by updating my version of quotetracker. Thanks for the quick response TM.

Backwardation

#12     Jul 22, 2003
  3. If you are running TWS 798.x or higher, you will need to get the latest beta version of QuoteTracker due to a bug in QuoteTracker that only gets triggered with the newer TWS versions.

You can update from within QuoteTracker. Select OPTIONS/Edit Preferences menu. Click on MISC tab and enable the beta update notification and click OK. Then, select OPTIONS/WebUpdate menu

You can also download the full install and just install over the existing location:
    http://www.quotetracker.com/beta

Jerry Medved
    http://QuoteTracker.com

#13     Jul 22, 2003
  4. graeco

graeco Guest

I have two puters and two connections and I cannot get QT to work in either case.
    I just downloaded the TWS update and I downloaded the latest QT beta.
    There is no problem with TWS,it is performing correctly.
    Active X is enabled and the port is 7496.
    IB is set as the quote source.
    After clicking the start button it says login failed.

#14     Jul 22, 2003
  5. Same problem as graeco but I haven't subscribed to NYSE data but NAZ should show or am I wrong. Always loginfailed.

#15     Jul 22, 2003
  6. Sorry, but I have to ask - did you actually install the update and installed over the existing one? What is the version # displayed in QT HELP/About screen?

#16     Jul 22, 2003
  7. Version 3.2.0b for me.

IB build 798.4, 2003/06/25 13:30

#17     Jul 22, 2003
  8. Please read the first post on page 3 of this thread. 3.2.0b will not work with that version of TWS. Update to the 3.2.3d version (beta).

#18     Jul 22, 2003
  9. Thanks.

#19     Jul 22, 2003
  10. Jerry,

Are there any plans to incorporate custom indicators to the charts similar to what can be done with e-signal and Tradestation?

Thanks.

#20     Jul 22, 2003