Trading the US T30-Bond

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mike greathead, Oct 30, 2004.

1. I have been day-trading the T-Bond for a couple of years but can't seem to break through in making a regular living.
    I want to know if there is anyone out there that makes a consistent living day trading this market.
    I appreciate any thoughts that you may give to this matter.

2. The T-Bond is a great swing trading vehicle....why waste your time in the negative expectation day-trading charade.

Devise a strategy to capture these good swing moves and you just may find yourself, profitable, happy and definitely far less stressed.

3. Urkel

Urkel

What size are you trading? How long are you holding your positions? What are your risk limits? Are you disclipined?

4. Ebo

Ebo

The only way to make "real" money is to positon trade the 30 year.

5. Do you think ZB is so different than TN to suggest a position strategy?

6. A lot of the guys at my company daytrade this market and make huge money. When I mean huge it is usually $150,000 a day!

7. hype on elite trader ?

:p

8. You must change your strategy or method then . Cycle analysis works very well on Bonds . You must know how to spot a trend reversal though.

9. r-in

r-in

ticks a day. 4800 contracts for 1 tick or 2400 for 2? Sorry sarcasm flies out of me when that green jealousy bug hits me. :D
    I would love to read what they are doing. I can only guess that it is large volume so a little more of our volume using a similiar methodology wouldn't hurt anything. Cmon, share.

10. That's not huge...

#10     Nov 4, 2004