Trading the same stock each day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by swinger, Nov 2, 2008.

1. ggoyal

ggoyal

why not just trade futures?

#11     Nov 2, 2008
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yes, been playing UAUA long and short and in fact it's been a money-maker even in the tight ranges of the mid-day doldrums, great for predictable .20 cent moves.

#12     Nov 2, 2008
  3. dsq

dsq

Been daytrading T almost exclusively for almost 2 years-i buy the dips and short the the rallies- i do about 5-10 roundtrips everyday with T...I also trade about 5 other dow30 stocks like mcd,ko,vz when they are setting up nicely however T is the best.I never trade outside of the dow30 stocks.

#13     Nov 2, 2008
  4. Im a 1 stock scrubber.
    will throw others against the wall and see how it shakes out, but Im guilty....Im one of those guys

#14     Nov 2, 2008
  5. I am a stock "nomad". I trade a stock option and get the hell out. I would not even able to tell you what I traded at the beginning of the year. Right now I have a watch list of like 100 stocks (I usually have like 20) that will feed me with setups for weeks.

#15     Nov 2, 2008
  6. Excuse my ignorance, but what is T?

#16     Nov 22, 2008
  7. Of course you should be able to play both sides. By "dies" I don't mean collapses in price... I mean becomes grindy, lower volume, tigher range, and no longer "active" or "in play"... i.e. you don't have tons of orderflow going on in it.

#17     Nov 22, 2008
  8. dsq

dsq

its the ticker symbol for ...well,just type it in for a quote.

#18     Nov 22, 2008
  9. Surdo

Surdo

That is what I love about this website, god for bid you gave her a straight answer you douche!

T = Telephone on the NYSE "AT&T, Inc."

#19     Nov 22, 2008
  10. Some of my favorite past time stocks were back in '06

ERS, EQ, NVR, ATI, TIE..I made some damn good money on the short side with SUF.

When I was daytrading equities heavily, i would always be on both sides of the trade.

#20     Nov 22, 2008