Trading the S&P

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scouse, Jun 27, 2003.

1. scouse

scouse

I wonder if someone can give me some information. I have been trading the DAX 30 and the CAC40 for some years now and have been making good money on them. I recently went automated with my system and things have been going very well. I have now decided to try and adapt my trading system to the S&P and see what results I can get.

Can somebody please tell me then what results I should expect points wise trading intraday from 1 contract from a reasonable system. If anyone can give me an idea of the points they have made in the last 2 quaters on the S&P it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in adance for any information.

Scouse

2. kenokabe

kenokabe Guest

I trade SP500.
    I rather want to know how different to trade DAX or the other indice futures.
    I think if you are good at the indice you are trading, SP500 should not be so hard.

By the way, I am a good thread stopper, too :cool:

3. scouse

scouse

Hi kenokabe

I have been trading the Dax for about 2 years now and make about 4000 points a year intraday trading. Which I think is good results. With conservative money managements equates to about $70,000 a year (good enough for me anyway).

I think you get bigger trends on the DAX and the FTSE than you do on the S&P, but there is much more liquidity in the S&P

Scouse

4. topten

topten

S&P should be easily adaptable

less noisy than the DAX

5. I'm up 52 pts. net per-contract from the beginning of the year to the present. Not great, but I'm happy with it.

6. scouse

scouse

Hi No pm Please

Are whose results based on intraday or eod trading?

Thanks for sharing your results

Scouse

7. Intraday...no overnite holds.

8. scouse

scouse

Hi No Pm Please

I suppose the good thing about the S&P is that you can trading lots of contracts. On the DAX or the FTSE for that matter if you go above 4 contracts you start getting serious slippage. I take it you trade quite a few contracts to make your money?

Scouse

9. I trade 25 contracts in the Emini. I haven't seen any slippage. If you trade the SP contract I think you should expect some slippage. I'd be doing better but I lost about 40 pts. per-contract in April. The war made for very tough market conditions. It seems much easier now.

10. scouse

scouse

Hi No pm please

Thanks for sharing your information with me it is much appreciated

Scouse

#10     Jun 27, 2003