Trading the Pivots

Discussion in 'Journals' started by JimmyJam, Aug 13, 2006.

1. It's taking a while.

But all a trader can do is put the odds in their favor and trade in a disciplined fashion.

There's a lot of support coming at this point, but as long as price action holds below the DMA 28/14, I'm defining the trend as being down.

If the protective stop is hit, just move on to the next trade.

Later,

JJ

#11     Aug 14, 2006
  2. DonKee

DonKee

Are you waiting for the bars to close? ie:CCI never crossed the zero line on a closing bar according to my charts, but yes we are flagging out at R1.

Thanks

#12     Aug 14, 2006
  3. Wow, that was literally the longest 2 pts I ever held on for in my life!
    The sysmtem, once you look at it, is kinda simple (KISS) ... but it doesn't always work.

For those times price hits a pivot and generates a trade (we need a few more examples to be able to see the range of setups, but there really aren't that many) which fails by either re-crossing the DMA 28/14 or hitting the the protective stop, just take the next setup.

Yes, I know the info I sent you said crosses above/below the signal generating candlestick, but I'd rather go with this defintion for aborting a trade.
    Well, you have the setup right there on your screen, for those who want the info I'll send it to'em, but "once a day" is not a bad idea.

Of course, according to the rules, if another support / pivot / resistance is hit, you can take another trade (because it should generate another response in price action), but once the money is in the till, I like to relax, untill at least the afternoon session ...

and for those who like to try to catch a trend, you can move your stop to breakeven +1 once you get your 2 pts, but if you had've in this case, your stop would've been hit, so it's a six of one, 1/2 a dozen of another kinda prospect.

Best,

Jimmy

#13     Aug 14, 2006
  4. Good question, not necessarily.

Once you see a setup about a 100 times you really don't want to wait around for it ... I came into the session expecting a shorting opportunity (just not at 9:32am ET), because as I stated over the the weekend, the Market Trend is Down, and the Gap up to 1st Resistance after Friday's Bullish Close was a shorting opportunity, so I took it at the first hint of RED.

JJ

#14     Aug 14, 2006
  5. DonKee

DonKee

I just noticed you are building charts with 24hr data and I use 9:30-4:15.

Thanks

#15     Aug 14, 2006
  6. You have to be able to see the overnight action.

Even with "market hours", you still should see a nice Gap.
    If the market holds at this point and breaks higher (which it sure is acting like it wants to) we would see a break in the Downtrend.

Best,

JJ

#16     Aug 14, 2006
  7. Shorted ES @1281.25 stop 1285.75

#17     Aug 14, 2006
  8. Actually that looks like a Fib retrace, but good luck with it!

#18     Aug 14, 2006
  9. DonKee

DonKee

Let's see what the action looks like around 83, I might try for a quick scalp there.

#19     Aug 14, 2006
  10. Thanks

I am in daytrade mode

My target should be 1274.25/50

will see if this is a common gap...or breakaway

Anyway, my trade will be closed EOD, if I am not stopped out

#20     Aug 14, 2006