Trading the Pivots

Discussion in 'Journals' started by JimmyJam, Aug 13, 2006.

1. When I first started out trading it was with Pivot Points.

Since then I have learned a number of different methods/techniques, read 20 books on trading, and devised my own method trading the e-mini's.

But I find that I can always pull-up a chart, put some Pivot Points on them and find good trades that would have worked out.

This is a journal devoted to using Pivots. Basic, Woodie's, Camarilla .. you name'em, you can find'em here.

I'll be making live calls using the basic Pivot Points on the ES e-mini indicie, using a trading system that I developed on the way to putting together my current methodology (which is not Pivot Point based).

The formula for Pivots Points is free and can be found on the web. All the indicators I'm using are free and information on them can be found on the web also (of course you'll need a good data feed and charting service to actually trade the mini's).

I put together my customized method with about $10 more of information, if you would like a copy of the setup and explanation(s), just PM me and I'll forward it to you.
    This journal is for discussion/making calls using Pivots (any variation) only. If I'm willing to give a system away, obviously, I have found something which gives me a better edge (whatever that might be ...) for my active trading.

But this is for free, and since I believe that everything is an iterative process (the more you do it well, the better you get at it) the idea is that you will become independent and profitable traders yourselves, developing your method(s) as your skill level develops.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Jam

2. For Monday, 8/14/06.

Market Status

Market Trend: Down

1st Resistance: 1278
    Median Pivot: 1272
    1st Support: 1266

Current Trend: Up
    I'll be back Monday morning making calls and observations during the day.

Best,

Jimmy Jam

3. romik

romik

Hello Jimmy, all the best! U going to have stops and profit targets, averaging down, scaling? Or is it going to be decided upon market conditions at the time?

Cheers from UK

4. Good luck with the calls JJ!

MiniDowTrader

5. goodday

goodday

Fantastic JJ,
    Great success to you in this and all other ventures in trading....

6. Current trend up? How do you calculate this?

7. The Displaced Moving Average ("DMA") defines the current price trend.

Price went bullish as of Friday @ 3:25pm ET.

The early gap will probably feed to 1st or 2nd resistance, and since we are currently in a downtrend, after which I expect to see a sell-off.

Tomorrow will tell.

Best,

Jimmy

8. Jummy jam
    your call with dma is ok! overnight ES futures is up +5!
    NQ closed quite strong friday which has given momentum.

9. Short 1278.00

I'll post a chart in a minute.

10. This chart shows, starting from top to bottom.

Price Action below the DMA 28/14.

Touching 1st Ressitance.

CCI Histogram crossing the Zero Line

Stochastic Momentum Indicator in a downtrend.

The objective is to show you the setups, so you can pretty much learn to take'em yourselves.

If it crosses the DMA 28/14, I'll bail and wait for the next setup.

#10     Aug 14, 2006