Trading the Moon

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by yoohoo, Sep 5, 2006.

1. :D

#21     Sep 6, 2006
  2. infoload - come on - get yer daily chart up for all to see. Guys, my arms are gettin more hairy.

#22     Sep 6, 2006
  3. Drew07

Drew07

What exactly do you trade using this yoohoo?

#23     Sep 6, 2006
  4. Actualy it's kind of weird how Gold (symbol of the sun in occult science) will follow 11 year cycles (and other shorter time frame cycles within cycles) that match sun spot activity, and silver seems to move with the moon... very spooky

#24     Sep 6, 2006
  5. said I would post this when I could find it. Here you are - everything you wanted to ask about moon trading but were afraid to ask...

#25     Sep 6, 2006
  6. Of course just like any other indicator if enough people are using it then that becomes the reason it works, like a self fulfilling prophecy
    It really isn't the moon, but traders all doing the same thing at once based on a perceived moon method that produces the edge

#26     Sep 6, 2006
  7. trader28, yea I know what you mean, but I don't buy it. If you can tell me what everyone is using that will move the market, I'll tell everyone here and we will all make a fortune. And the more that use it the better.

#27     Sep 6, 2006
  8. Drew07

I trade Euro, YM and Russell (ER or AB).

Doesn't really matter what you trade. Here's Russell 5 min using degrees. Sometimes they are fantastic and sometimes not so this is not my only technique.

#28     Sep 6, 2006

9. You can see it with certain indicators, 2 min MACD for instance on any of the emini contracts, watch for it to cross it's Moving Average Line with a Zero Line Cross, exceptionally high percentage trade, you can feel everyone jumping on... ok lets make that fortune now

Thing is just about every trader I know either only uses the MA cross, or the Zero Line cross... one is trend, the other is momentum... I cant believe how many good traders dont see that almost all the trades that really move have the combination of the two. They'll go long on a MA cross to the upside when it is well below the Zero Line and wonder why it fails and has no momentum

There has been 3 nice shorts in the last hour on the ER2 using that methodology, just nice little $200 scalps

Note: You can use a 9 period Simple Moving Average on the price chart to get you in a little earlier when you see it setting up

If the 10 minute MACD is below it's Zero Line (as it has been all day) then so much the better for the shorts on the 2 minute

#29     Sep 6, 2006
  10. Drew07

Drew07

Can one of you more experience guys reccomend a good book on technical analysis? I'd appreciate it.

#30     Sep 6, 2006