Trading the Moon

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by yoohoo, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ROCKY_01

ROCKY_01

CAN YOU SEEN ME THIS INDICATOR OR CAN U MAKE IT CONVERTED INTO AMIBROKER SOFTWARE LANGUAGE..?

#251     Sep 6, 2009
  2. One of the best threads and posters on ET

#252     Jan 16, 2011
  3. blnbr

blnbr

Is anyone else here trading the moon cycle successfully beside yoohoo? Astro trading sounds interesting.

#253     Jan 16, 2011
  4. yup, there's another gentleman in an astro thread doing it as well.

#254     Jan 16, 2011
  5. blnbr

blnbr

I started to follow astrology not too long ago and found it very interesting. It seems to me combining sound astro and TA methods could be a better way to trade or invest. Will look into this further:)

#255     Jan 16, 2011
  6. It definitely is. It can really filter out a lot of the garbage in TA and IMO really increases probabilities. As Gann said, " When price and time square change is inevitable "

It couldn't be more true. Not only that, but there are additional much simpler cycles out there that can explain irrational market movements. Ex: Holding time.

#256     Jan 16, 2011
  7. Interesting subject. I just bought a book and I am trying to figure out the details. I think I have posted this before but this blog presents a detailed analysis and an example where the "buy new moon - sell full moon" approach does not work well:

http://www.priceactionlab.com/Blog/2010/10/trading-moon-phases-and-related-folklore/

Maybe there are some more complicated methods but the plain one failed, at least in the example in the blog.

#257     Jan 18, 2011