Trading the June 29th FOMC meeting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by steveosborne, Jun 28, 2006.

1. so the fed funds go to 5.25 and lets guess the fed sticks to their data dependency recent theme...... what do we do with equities?

#21     Jun 29, 2006
  2. The main difference <b>so far</b> between the predefined 0.25 rate hike scenario and what is currently going on is that oil is not going up by as much as I thought it would. Because of that I will stay on the sidelines and re-assess the situation next week. If both oil and bonds are higher by that time, I will probably short bonds. We'll see then.

#22     Jun 29, 2006
  3. Yep

#23     Jun 29, 2006
  4. Congrats.

#24     Jun 29, 2006
  5. Thanks!

#25     Jun 29, 2006
  6. From <i>The Alchemy of Finance</i> (1994 edition) by George Soros:

"When I succeed in formulating a worthwhile conjecture the results can be very rewarding(...); and even if my perceptions are flawed(...) I have a criterion that I can use to identify my mistakes: the behavior of the market." - p.305

"Events are notoriously more difficult to predict than to explain. How can one anticipate decisions that have not yet been taken? Nevertheless, one can evaluate the implications of the decisions that have already been taken." - p.350

#26     Jun 30, 2006
  7. we have seen the resurection of strktrader, my guess is volente will resurface soon, with one of his "the bottom is in calls" Wow the mkt rallied, but what has changed? The volume was anemic at best for a "change" day. Once earnings start getting discounted, we will come right back to where we started yesterday. Enjoy the next few days like I will (golfing in paradise)..If u need to trade, my guess is stay long through next week. Happy trading!

#27     Jun 30, 2006
  8. I'll be at the beach near Wilmington, NC doing nothing (my favorite activity) until Wednesday.

#28     Jun 30, 2006