Trading the June 29th FOMC meeting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by steveosborne, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Now we've got all these people on this board that are smarter than the mkt! Unreal..The mkt is always wrong, and this time it's different are the things i'm hearing.. Don't know too many rich folks with those opinions..Good luck fellas

#11     Jun 29, 2006
  2. My belief is this. They raise .50 in a final hike...mkt loves it.

That being said..who cares what happens...i`m long Q`s and if they dump so will I...

#12     Jun 29, 2006
  3. I say today we move down big to gap fill then take out the highs. Squeeze all bears with a move to 1280 or maybe even 1300 in the next few weeks. Then a huge move down third quarter to take out the lows and officially correct.

#13     Jun 29, 2006
  4. Still waiting for a 2% down day. We don't know what pain is it seems.

#14     Jun 29, 2006
  5. I doubt there will be any "surprise". The Fed bends over backwards not to surprise the market intentionally. All the comments by the governors leading up to the meeting are designed to set expectations.

I'm looking for a .25 hike and the same statement that "more may be needed". They'd prefer a recession to inflation, and they will make sure they err on the recession side, if anything.

#15     Jun 29, 2006
  6. I think traders lose the most money misjudging the momentum of the market. Market moves up or down huge and everyone thinks moonshot or crash, then the monster pullback to squeeze everyone. Or market moves sideways and everyone thinks sit tight cause we're going sideways and then a monster breakout move.

Anyway, my point is there's too many bears and we may be in a bear market but we're not going straight down. A move to 1280 or even 1300 is not out of the question.

#16     Jun 29, 2006
  7. 'The big moves do not start and end on the same day'

'More money is lost in the first and last 1/8th of a move than anywhere else'

- Jesse Livermore

My hat's off to those nimble to dance around intraday moves - just not my bag. My take is if it's worth getting into today, it's worth getting into tomorrow, when either volatility will increase (good for IV sellers) or decrease (good for IV buyers).

happy trading today : )

#17     Jun 29, 2006
  8. bide the bullet and BUY. Loko at the fundementals. Going long on good fundementals always make you money. Combine good fundementals with good momentum and you have a recipie to make shiiit load of money very quickly.

silence that voice that says 'but..what itf' etc

just buy on the dips

thats how you make money in these kind of markets.

#18     Jun 29, 2006
  9. gap fill now seeming unlikely...maximum bear frustration?

#19     Jun 29, 2006
  10. buy cheap now b4 meeting

markets are gonan surge real shortly. We're talking .5% gains in nasdaq in only 5 minutes

#20     Jun 29, 2006