Trading the Indices on Fundamentals

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by FXtrader8911, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Yes, but not the way it used to as correlated to the SP directly was my point. Just my distant observation.

#731     May 7, 2021
  2. But there was, everybody thought the vaccine would end COVID on a dime and so hurt big tech's relentless growth... then new outbreaks, in spite of vaccinations, put an end to that line of thought plus, of course, there are the mindless dip buyers mentioned above. A tax that proposes to take 30% of your profits while saying "tough luck" on the losses is a big deal that would make anyone think twice about taking on risk, that's anyone except the mindless dip buyers, plus it quickly became evident that Biden wouldn't get his way, at least not the in the magnitude he announced.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    #732     May 8, 2021
  3. stockxpo

stockxpo

Hii Its Stockxpo I generally exchange the Indices, US, Europe and Asia and US uber cap organizations (Apple, Amazon, and so forth), this is the thing that I found to give the most steady aftereffects of all resource classes I've exchanged (I presently don't exchange Currencies). On the off chance that you are a list merchant, how about we trade procedure, frameworks, and market sees. Maybe the string can even be utilized to post continuous passages and ways out.

I exchange on basics, however, perspectives and conversations from professionals will be valued and accommodating.

My method of exchanging throughout the previous 6 years is to examine value developments applicable to world occasions for the afternoon, I at that point contrast the evenness with 1-day diagrams to anticipate the following meeting's objectives for passage and exit. Generally, my orders are set before the meeting and stay un-change except if new factors are presented. In basic terms, essentials set whether I will enter yearns or shorts, swings, in conclusion, give me the passage plunges or revitalizes, and t/p levels are controlled by evenness. Positions are kept until the goal is reached or until the basics change.

In the event that there is revenue and interest in the string, I'll post a portion of my live exchanges, end-of-day results, and short remarks on market sees setting the current system.

#733     May 8, 2021
  4. Interesting. This is what I wrote in my opening post back in June 2019.....My way of trading for the last 6 years is to study price movements relevant to world events for the day, I then compare the symmetry to 1-day charts to predict the next session's targets for entry & exit. In essence, my orders are placed before the session and remain un-change unless new factors are introduced. In simple terms, fundamentals set whether I will enter longs or shorts, swings in sentiment give me the entry dips or rallies and t/p levels are determined by symmetry. Positions are kept until the objective is reached or until the fundamentals change.....

We appear to have a remarkably similar trading style, almost as if you plagiarized my first post using a language translator. Assuming you are for real, your frequent contribution to the thread will be most welcomed.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    #734     May 9, 2021
  5. grant144

grant144

Hi could someone please assist me with some questions . I am looking to trade the spi200 contract and would like to examine the difference between cash prices and future prices on that contract . Having access to a chart that displays cash prices is an important for my calculations so I would assume that maybe some trading platforms would provide live tick data 5 mins through to daily would be sufficient alongside the futures price as well . Having a look at barcharts the spi200 high on the 19th April 2021 was 7075 and the low for the 21st April 2021 was 6873 for the 21st June contract . was wondering what the different prices for these dates would be on a cash chart . also is the cash contract pretty illiquid and difficult to trade compared to the futures contract . thanks grant

#735     May 9, 2021
  6. The below and a dozen other free chart sites can give that, just Google the instrument.
    https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes/APY00/overview

#736     May 10, 2021
  7. On Fri, wait and see was the correct strategy. Today took profit on the Shorts and currently I am neutral. I expect another leg down but might not happen yet as the back of the mindless dip buyers hasn't been broken yet, the professionals are not yet fully in charge, when they will be, most of 2021 gains should evaporate, for now, again wait and see. It's been said about the markets so far this year: any monkey can make money in these markets, the only ones that don't are not monkeys. What is causing me some headache now is that the correlation between equities and the $ seems to have broken, I was hedging with the $ and now got stuck with some hedges that aren't working.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    #737     May 11, 2021
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  8. Followers of this thread would know that I have been a long time Powell basher. From the day of his appointment, I have been saying that he hasn't a clue on what he is doing and I belive this is still the case. He, no doubt, acted quickly when it was necessary, however, I believe he was acting on Bernanke & Yellin instructions at the time (mostly Bernanke), similar to when Bernanke forced him to abandon his "auto-pilot" rate increases. Now he is on his own and is again running around like a chuck with no head. Perhaps the policy to take future action based on the average of real data instead of on projections is correct, but, the real data he talks about is manipulated thus it's giving results that are not factual... this is what's causing markets to be worried. His team of PhDs is saying "let's ignore this and that" then comes out with a 2% "core" inflation which happens to be the target (core inflation is not what Mr citizen pays)... This is Chinese economics where the party sets the value and the statistician happen to meet it. The real world does not work like that, people can't ignore rising food or energy prices nor ignore exaggerated housing costs, they have to pay the higher price. I believe what the markets are thinking... inflation will nip Powell in the bud and so when the Fed is forced to acts it will not be a soft landing.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    #738     May 11, 2021
    Laissez Faire and Relentless like this.
  9. ...

#739     May 11, 2021
  10. Here's how markets are fairing so far this year, as it was expected, EU is outperforming the US:

% from high Direction holding
    -2.96% DOW30 SHORT
    -6.55% RUSSELL SHORT
    -2.78% SPX500 NEUTRAL
    -6.06% NDAQ100 LONG
    -1.51% STOXX50 LONG in IBEX, MIB, FTSE. SHORT DAX

#740     May 18, 2021