Trading (the) Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by sKaLpZ, Aug 7, 2005.

1. HG is the simplest money making system which a human being can actually follow and do it.
    (nobody are alike, that's why we have all walks of life in this world)

-----------------------------------------------------
    http://www.fengshui-123.com
    (maybe fengshui is the only HG:D )

#51     Sep 13, 2005
  2. The trading Holy Grail is reaching the Zero Point.

#52     Sep 13, 2005
  3. Spyder says it all:

"Having the discipline to follow your well tested and proven trading system rather than override it simply because "you know better."

It takes; a technique, discipline and emotional balance.

#53     Sep 13, 2005
  4. since "skaLpZ" was banned, I will take up where he left off (since I am sKaLpZ).

adding as a component to the HG, "emotional balance" from gharghur2.

aka, equipoise.

very good, gharghur2!

Baron, reinstate "sKaLpZ" or I'll have to turn the Holy Grail loose on your trading! :D

skz

#54     Sep 13, 2005
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I think the holy grail is not one system but a trading plan in which you diversify not only across markets but across systems. We want to be able to have enough diversity so that bad performance from any one system does not put us in danger.

This is why you need to develop systems on a portfolio and then be able to combine multiple systems. The problem is in the real world most traders don't have the money to trade like this. What is even or interesting is that I think many of the funds who have more than enough money to trade like this don't. They count too much on a trend following core strategy and do not diversity across systems enough.

#55     Sep 13, 2005
  6. olygrayl

olygrayl

This is one pattern search through one index in this case the FTSE100. The program can automatically generate upto a thousand random patterns and then run each pattern through all of the stocks, indices (not tried FX yet :)) in a list and produces a performance and signal report for each pattern.

#56     Sep 14, 2005