Trading (the) Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by sKaLpZ, Aug 7, 2005.

1. AaronCapps

AaronCapps Global Futures

Would be any type of strategy that could be traded across a basket or markets or just a few markets with relatively low drawdowns and consistent returns relative to the markets volatility. Also, something simple and not overly complex

#31     Aug 8, 2005
  2. Remiraz

Remiraz

anything that makes money consistently on a mthly basis.

#32     Aug 8, 2005
  3. My guess is that the only time that you will separate all of your emotions from any activity you engage in is when you are no longer among the living. However, I imagine that you will engage in relatively few activities at that time, so it may be a moot point.

#33     Aug 8, 2005
  4. Making money with no risk. Put it on autopilot and kick back.

#34     Aug 8, 2005
  5. The term "holy grail" in its usual interpretation means 100% wins, "perfect" system.

Anyone with half a brain understands that noone needs such a holy grail to be a successful or very successful trader. Noone needs to have 100% wins to make tons of money. OK? Obvious.

So what IS needed? What is needed is an edge (a method) that gives you CONSISTENT PROFITABILITY. CONSISTENT PROFITABILITY is when you look at your equity curve over last 5 years and it's nice and smooth and looks like a 45 degree diagonal or steeper. That's what we all are trying to achieve. Anything that provides us with that result *is* the best we can achieve. Again, noone needs 100% wins.

#35     Aug 8, 2005
  6. Just depends on the scale you choose... :D

#36     Aug 8, 2005

7. you said shortly what i said longly :)

#37     Aug 8, 2005
  8. OK, added to the components of the HG: "something simple and not overly complex."

#38     Aug 8, 2005
  9. another principle: the HG must be able to make money running on "autopilot, with no risk."

#39     Aug 8, 2005
  10. Added by Sunnyskies: The HG does NOT need to win 100% of the time but DOES need to have a smooth equity curve "like a 45 degree diagonal."

#40     Aug 8, 2005