Trading The Hang Seng

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hangsengtrader, Nov 25, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

#41     Dec 4, 2008
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have noticed lately that the Hang Seng moves in the opposite direction than the nikkei. Is this a usual occurance and can it be taken advantage of somehow???

#42     Dec 4, 2008
  3. vvtrader

vvtrader

So Hang Seng Trader would you mind telling which firm are you using to trade the Hang Seng Index? and what is the margin requirement?

#43     Dec 4, 2008
  4. Morph_an

Morph_an

I don't think so, there is some strength in HSI due to the massively govt intervention atm (stimulus and rate cuts). But the job figures in US tonite should be affecting hsi on monday.

#44     Dec 4, 2008

5. This was typical before August last year. I used to have a rule that until it reached 190 points I didn't consider the day to be big so 200 is back in the "old range."

On the question about Nikkei and HSI. You may chase correlations and anti-correlations if you wish but I'd recommend that you simply trade each on its own merit. You will find times when they run together and others when they are opposed. But (imo) the correlation is unlikely to be usefully predictive in the timeframe you probably trade.

#45     Dec 5, 2008
  6. $3500 is my margin

#46     Dec 7, 2008
  7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#47     Dec 7, 2008
  8. vvtrader

vvtrader

Which firms? Cause IB margin is about $21000 on HSI, kind of expensive compare to $3500.

#48     Dec 8, 2008
  9. vvtrader

vvtrader

Is the HangSengTrader still trading!?

#49     Dec 9, 2008
  10. Noob question on the Hang Seng. Why the hell does the MSI stop trading around 20:30 GMT and start up 2 hours later? What the fuck is that about?

Also, why is the volume so thin on the MSI, am I watching low liquidity contract? MSI Z8 is the active month right? Or am I an idiot?

#50     Dec 16, 2008