Trading The Hang Seng

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hangsengtrader, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Schaefer

Schaefer

You're correct, the HSI Mini is not on the approved list for the US residents. There was talk about actually submitting an application, so we could trade, but nobody wanted to cough up the $150,000 application fee.

By the way, it's roll over time for you big guy :p

Schaefer

#21     Nov 26, 2008
  2. How about the MHI? I trades through IB (from Canada).

#22     Nov 26, 2008
  3. Thanks for the reminder, I usually need it!

I actually have family in town right now for Thanksgiving, so I'm done trading for the month. Sorry I haven't been in touch... I'll send you a PM later.

#23     Nov 26, 2008
  4. I wasn't planning to trade, but relatives went to bed early, and so decided just to see,....well saw an opportunity and took it, took me two tries and the second try and went to my target....seem today was a bit slow in moving, anyways.

[​IMG]

#24     Nov 26, 2008
  5. Market had not done too much - happy thanksgiving everyone

[​IMG]

#25     Nov 26, 2008
  6. Hey hangsengtrader I just PM you, I got lay off the HSI, its killing me

[​IMG]

#26     Nov 28, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

Do a search of HSI as a thread title.
    You will find many previous discussions.

#27     Nov 28, 2008
  8. Boasting

#28     Nov 28, 2008
  9. jtnet

jtnet

meant what broker

#29     Nov 28, 2008
  10. Do you do any fading long or short? I mean suppose there is an EXTENDED move up in 1-3 minutes and then you get to a 5-15 minutes bars resistance of a previous day, then you would short expecting a fast move down and scalp 1 to 3 one minute bars and look for a 50% retracement profit. Same thing on the long side. Obviously when your wrong you cut the loss fast as we see you doing. I sometimes do that on the forex with the JPY pairs. The GBP/JPY is the best fast moving one for that but you need a big fat move because the spread is wide.
    Is it possible on stock index? Do they move as much?

#30     Nov 29, 2008