trading the afternoon

Discussion in 'Trading' started by doug456, Oct 14, 2003.

1. I also have a hard time relating jacks SCT trades with the IF 1 and IF2 methodology. I think this is because he is carving off the trades and we arent aware of what carving entails. I have done an SCT sheet for today. Total profit on the sheet yields 9.1 pts. I tried too trade like the sheet and made 7.1 pts.

First, i was quite suprised that SCT yielded only 9.1 pts. I am not saying 9.1 pts is shabby, I just expected the SCT method too yield more than 9.1 when the daily range was 12 pts.

The descrepancy between my PnL of 7.1 and the SCT sheet of 9.1 can be attributed too the apa's. Today, there were only 6 apa's. On average, i lose .50 on every apa. I am still having a hard time washing as i dont know which way the market is going when it is at my entry point. I hope jack could maybe elaborate how too recognize an apa and wash reverse.

Also, I had a question regarding the pm BO down. If we had started using the IF 1 IF 2 methodology at bar 57, we would have apa'd 3 times too get on the wrong side of the market. Is there any way we could figure out that we were in a short trend and did not need too keep apaing because it was putting us on the wrong side(long). Of course, if i was able too wash every time i apaed instead of taking a half pt loss, i wouldnt care :D

jc

#21     Oct 15, 2003