trading the 1-2-3

Discussion in 'Journals' started by padutrader, Jun 26, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

you are posting such lovely ideas yet do not post hardly anything.that is our loss

#21     Jun 29, 2018
  2. padutrader

padutrader

i am going to spend my weekend [and maybe more] checking the pattern on past history.i will post the result here later

#22     Jun 29, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

i know you are busy...but can you explain....i hope you oblige it is the weekend we can learn a lot from you and i have already have

#23     Jun 29, 2018
  4. Pita

Pita

they're still good. devil doesn't work twice but well it's a job.
    no comment on the chart. laughable without reference of what moves price.

#24     Jun 30, 2018
  5. Sprout

Sprout

1-2-3 formations have been around for a long time. They are fractal in nature and apply across all timescales. They operated in triads at a basic level. Dominance to non-Dominance to return to Dominance. They operated as complementary opposites. Similar to Yin/Yang, the beginning of one is contained within it's opposite. The part that you are missing is what comes after 3 and what makes a cycle a cycle.

Here's some software, that will make distinguishing them easier on larger timescales.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/fortes-fortuna-juvat-software.318563/

#25     Jun 30, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  6. They

They

Padutrader,

No, even on higher time frames it is not a 3 bar pattern. I think one of your problems is just not being focused and disciplined. It could be the 4 hours of drinking, it could be guna-karma but regardless trading requires the ability to focus. Like when Dronaacharya asked Arjuna "what do you see?" Arjuna saw only the eye of the bird and nothing else.

Why look at an hour chart if you are not going to trade it? You seem to have the disposition for scalping so just stick with your smaller time frames so you can use the recent price action to set your tight stops and small targets. if you can get consistent and generate some profits you can then see if your method transfers to a larger time frame.

By not getting focused putting in the work and testing a simple method with some basic R:R parameters to see if it works or needs to be thrown in the trash all you are going to end up with is with is more theoretical book knowledge kitchari.

Think about what I am saying, does this sound like what Arjuna saw? I saw a 123 pattern that also had a divergence on the 1 hour but was also an inside bar on the 30 minute and it was a NR7 on the 4 hour and I heard a crow caw at the same time during rahu kala so I went short?

Having a lot of theoretical knowledge of trading but not being able to practically implement it with the necessary attributes of focus and discipline is like talking politics in India, it goes nowhere.

Pradeep Sodarudu, I now you are humble so you wont take offence in what I have said. :)

#26     Jul 1, 2018
    Xela and padutrader like this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

thanks you have made a lot of effort to help me,,,i will think about it...i have already taken some steps seeing historical charts which i will try out when market opens:D

#27     Jul 1, 2018
  8. Interesting trade. Anybody have thoughts on spotting setups for 1-2-3 on IB Trader Workstation?

#28     Jul 2, 2018
  9. _eug_

_eug_

Looks like we maybe putting in a 1-2-3 in Gold....

upload_2018-7-12_18-47-57.png

#29     Jul 12, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

i just went long because of my other system

#30     Jul 12, 2018