trading the 1-2-3

Discussion in 'Journals' started by padutrader, Jun 26, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

BRILLIANT POINT

#11     Jun 29, 2018
  2. padutrader

padutrader

this is perfect place to trade two legs....as bpa practitioners will agree...the leg marked by green trendline should go below that marked by the blue one,which it did see chart leg.png

#12     Jun 29, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

you see this 1-2-3 in eurusd would you take the short? should you be looking to short at all? l2.png

#13     Jun 29, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

actually the short would have worked! l3.png

#14     Jun 29, 2018
  5. They

They

Padutrader,

Just a suggestion...

If you are looking to become consistent and thus confident with the 123 setup just see if you can identify only the first setup of the day and then sim trade it/write it down. If you analyze, and analyze again, oh, did I mention analyze, this one and only trade you will begin to see some of its nuances.

But more importantly, as Xela has mentioned, is having a directional bias that allows you to view this setup correctly without getting confused. For example, use the open as your line in the sand, if you are above the open look for a long setup only and vice versa for a short.
    (Generally you should have one tradable setup a day off of your line in the sand. Multiple setups might present themselves on strong trending days but on most days you don't want to be looking for the 3rd 123 setup long when the market has over extended itself from your line in the sand.)

And for Narayana's sake, this pattern is not 3 bars next to each other. It is a multi-bar pattern. Think about it - multiple bars means multiple traders, multiple traders means more money vested in a direction, more money vested in the leg down from point 2 to point 3 will be the panicking money that gets you a decent move upon the breakout above point 2 (long example)

#15     Jun 29, 2018
    birdman and Xela like this.
  6. shatteredx

shatteredx

There's a pretty cool indicator for NT that has a fully automatic 1-2-3 setup (PriceActionSwing).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#16     Jun 29, 2018
  7. padutrader

padutrader

no1 i am really glad you are taking a lot of trouble to mark your chart and post it.Most traders here just want one line explanation on how to make millions of usd. this discussion will help all of us.you really have the right attitude to become a successful trader
    NO2 this pattern may be used as a continuation and reversal set up:you must decide what it is you are using it as.in both cases there must be something to continue or something to reverse.
    NO3
    Xela has brought up a very good point about RR ; go with a 1:1 unless some other technical reason suggests something else

NO4 any inside bar/s[such as NR7s] is a 123 setup on both sides:buy and sell. Brooks has said you can trade a breakout of the inside bar on either side.This offers the most value for your buck and perhaps affords a much higher RR.it may be better to take the trade in the direction or bias that the inside bar has;meaning if the inside bar is up. then take only long breakouts.
    NO5any breakout of a 2 point which goes straight into resistance must be taken with caution.
    NO6 if you are trading 5 min there may be no point to take the really 'big' 123 setups

#17     Jun 29, 2018
  8. padutrader

padutrader

thank you you are an experienced trader, it shows! i will try and apply it

#18     Jun 29, 2018
  9. padutrader

padutrader

yes that is 123 in a higher time frame,am i right?

#19     Jun 29, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

yes it does i think you could go with a higher RR if you have multiple technical reasons for taking atrade

#20     Jun 29, 2018