trading technologies x_trader

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by chisox, Jun 1, 2002.

1. bone

bone

TT and recently GL Trader have one-click trading. For TT, one right button click on the buy or sell side of the book executes at that price a pre-determined quantity. TT has Fast-fill, which is nice because it gives you a preliminary fill before final return confirmation from the exchange. In other words, you know you did something, and the exchange says yeah, your filled, but I can't give you the final confirmation yet. This is VERY important during brief, high volume periods of time.

Sorry, Voltrader, but you simply don't know what you're talking about with respect to this particular issue.

There's no way that I'm going to give IB business on 200,000 contracts per month when I already have their equivalent exchange status.

#11     Jun 2, 2002
  2. stevet

stevet

the trading platform is not an issue - since once you are experienced and making bucks - with skill as opposed to luck - you will be trading high volume and will gravitate away from Pats type plarforms and retail rates - to Trading Technologies - where the upfront costs of TT become unimportant relative to the minscule broking fees

you could start out with TT - but you may find you are doing hgh volume just because the fees are cheaper - as opposed to having developed a trading methodology which is based in high volume and low fees

but a stable fast direct connection with cheap fees is the way you make money - TT is a race track ferrari, dont take a road going ferrari to the race track and expect to finish the race - let alone win!

#12     Jun 2, 2002
  3. Totaly right, that is the primary benefit of TT...The big guys all use TT and do not even blink @ the monthly fee, and when asked they say the savings in sliipage alone far outwiegh the charge..

Cheers,

Comp

#13     Jun 3, 2002