Trading Technologies (TT) Patent (Trademaven and Ninja Trader)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by qtip, May 28, 2005.

1. Banjo

Banjo

Where the static ladder has a bar between bid and ask that moves up and down between prices, the price ladder itself remains stationary and does not not move unless manually moved. This allows you to place the cursor on a price, a price position on the screen that does not move wether the price is currently at that level or not. The new reflector from Pats has reversed this. The bar remains stationary and the changing bid ask prices move up and down around it. This means that the spot on the screen where the cursor is placed is always a changing price and in order to catch your desired price you have to keep moving the cursor around chasing the price level you want. Beats the patent but insanity in a fast mkt for any one scalping. New people won't know the difference and current subscribers will get use to it or not.

#31     May 31, 2005
  2. teddy

teddy

tks

#32     May 31, 2005
  3. Xenia

Xenia

Dear NinjaTrader Subscriber:

Last night there was an announcement made specific to NinjaTrader, LLC (NinjaTrader) and Trading Technologies, LLC (TTS). The announcement was that NinjaTrader had reached a license agreement with TT specific to their MD Trader family of patented technology. The purpose of this note is to provide you with information on the announcement and how this agreement may impact you as a NinjaTrader subscriber.

(1/2/3/4 ... )

5. What is the license fee and do I have to pay it ?

NinjaTrader has agreed to pay a transactional license fee of $.10 per side for all futures contracts starting January 1, 2006. The details of how the transactions will be tracked and paid still needs to be finalized but ultimately each individual NinjaTrader subscriber will be responsible for their transactional charges. This is the lowest fee possible from TT and will be introduced by all vendors starting January 1, 2006 if they intend to distribute a DOM based product with a static price latter.

www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=52368

#33     Jul 19, 2005
  4. If you want to see how easy it is to clean up on TT check out the md trader demo http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/ apparently scalping is that easy.

Refco has stopped using TT and now use a dynamic ladder system. Seeing as refco traders were the biggest users of TT in the world I think TT have shot themselves in the foot.

#34     Jul 19, 2005
  5. You mean Refco Pro uses dynamic ladder? Dynamic ladder definitely is not as good, otherwise TT's patent would be worthless.

#35     Jul 19, 2005
  6. Sure it's better, but not so good that I'd pay per lot on it and when 700+ traders think the same and the fact that an in house dynamic system saves about a grand sterling a month in license fee to TT each, it's worth the compromise. TT are trying to be like Microsoft but linux/apple equivalent companies will soon undercut them with a superior system. TT were making a fortune off refco but they got too greedy and I think it's downhill for them from here. A lot of traders have a very low opinion of TT after these court cases.

#36     Jul 19, 2005
  7. Does Refco Pro use dynamic ladder?

#37     Jul 19, 2005
  8. yes it does, the judge hasn't ruled on the patent part of the court case yet so it's dynamic to be on the safe side

#38     Jul 19, 2005
  9. Thanks for the reply. I'd rather pay a little fee for using static ones. It's difficult to chase price move in a dynamic ladder like the Reflector in J-Trader.

#39     Jul 19, 2005
  10. i really like CTS's latter(platform). it moves but the mouse stays right with the moving latter. one of the best platforms ive used and ive used them all.

#40     Jul 19, 2005