Trading Tax Would ‘Decimate’ Markets, NYSE’s Niederauer Says

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by piggie2000, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Every Democrat gets their wish now.

#21     Mar 4, 2009
  2. This bill WILL NOT pass in it's current incarnation. It is a flawed bill. The threat is that it may be tacked on to another bill that would embarrass Obama if he tried to veto it. THAT IS THE REAL THREAT.

However, that being said, I believe first you will see an increase in cap gains for traders, maybe something akin to what they are trying to do with hedges - take the income earned and classify it as regular income. Good Bye 60/40 treatment, etc.

#22     Mar 4, 2009
  3. The only reason this Nazi democrat hasn't gotten it passed before now is because the Republicans wouldn't hear of it and Bush would have vetoed any bill with it included.

The Senate is fillibuster proof anyway from a practical point of view anyway so this is all the dems doing.

#23     Mar 4, 2009
  4. You're obviously an ardent Republican. Nothing wrong with that as there have been many fine Republican presidents.

However you are probably one of the most unobjective people on the site. If the Democrats ran Jesus Christ in the next election you'd find fault with him. I hope you're not this unobjective in your trading, if you are it would seriously impede your success.

On your profile you've listed your occupation as 'know it all'. Probably a little tongue in cheek but that's a very vain way of thinking. Case in point, I think most on this site would label 'stock_trad3r' a 'know it all'.

#24     Mar 5, 2009
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Translation: Traders didn't ruin this economy. Bankers did.

Translation: DeFazio is a douche-bag.

#25     Mar 5, 2009
  6. kandlekid

kandlekid

Well, if it happens, I hope it's a tax on profits, not a transaction fee.

#26     Mar 5, 2009
  7. jnorty

jnorty

I'm tired of reading this racist jficquette's notes all over the board.
    He's slamming obama left and right on every board because he's black.You're probably some faggot sucking cock right now. Get a life and stop being a racist.

#27     Mar 5, 2009
  8. If I had been an ardent of a supporter of Obama then I doubt you would have made your comment.

You dems can dish it out be you can't take it.

#28     Mar 7, 2009
  9. Big investors look for liquidity.

Investment can go elsewhere if there isn't enough round trip trading happening to provide liquidity.

Investors need day traders.

People who vote for this are ultimately voting for a reduction in investment in the U.S.

It's not going to happen, no matter what the Brits did, or how much anti-wall street sentiment is going around.

#29     Mar 7, 2009