trading systems vendor?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BuyLowSellHigh, Jul 30, 2009.

1. That had nothing to do with it. If you did not try the same system, then your experience had nothing to do with mine. I did not trade the signals with $$$ and there was no slippage involved.

#21     Aug 4, 2009

2. I do trade a system for 2 months and half.
    After subtracting the commissions from my real $ account, there is only a difference of 0.2 % with the results listed on the SR site.

That's how accurate those "hypothetical" results are.

#22     Aug 4, 2009

3. REALLY ? LOL , did he had a track record on SR or some other site ?

#23     Aug 4, 2009
  4. Guys, no system is guaranteed to be profitable - BECAUSE the market changes and what worked in 2007 may not be profitable in 2009.

It is not difficult for any vendor to manufacture systems simply by changing parameters and selling it as different systems.

Even when you get a 'successful' system you have to still do the hard work - trade management, money management etc etc

People scoff at moving averages but most long-term successful systems are based on Moving Average/Momentum logic, as well as S/R. MA/Mom systems were very successful from 2007 to present.

There is NO MAGIC BULLET! none!
    Well, there is - hard work, steep learning curve, persistence.... deep pockets, patience.... energy to keep up with the markets, lifestyle that can adapt and handle stress, hard work, and long hours of screen-time.

#24     Aug 4, 2009
  5. I will try this again:

That had nothing to do with it. If you did not try the same system, then your experience had nothing to do with mine. I did not trade the signals with $$$ and there was no slippage involved.

In other words, you did not trade the system I looked at. As I said before, the system was Hold&Hope. That means, it allowed large drawdowns and explains the good equity curve. And frankly, the results I saw did not really match the equity curve.

Further, this had nothing to do with slippage or commissions or real trading. This had to do with the system looked good via equity curve, but the equity curve hid serious flaws underneath.

#25     Aug 5, 2009
  6. IMHO, here's a prime example of what TZ is talking about. This system employs a 15 point stop and actually will hold overnight with no stops in place. The equity curve aint bad, but if you calculate standard performance metrics, which these folks don't, you wouldn't be overly impressed. Should the high win percentage rate of 70% decrease by 10% or more, it's possible the system wouldn't be profitable. Lastly, the equity curve doesn't include slippage and commission; the former could be material in an auto-trade mode.

http://gforcetraders.com/history.php

#26     Aug 5, 2009
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Are Strategyxchange and Collective2 the best sites to shop for Fx sytems vendors, are there other reliable "audited" sites?

#27     Sep 3, 2009
  8. This whole thread just shows me why covestor is the only site people pay real attention to.

#28     Sep 3, 2009
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Thanks for responding to my inquiry!

#29     Sep 3, 2009
  10. I get the impression covestor is strictly for stock investors. For those trading futures contracts or something overseas, it would seem they must use collective2 or another site.

#30     Sep 5, 2009