'Trading Systems' forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wallace, Mar 31, 2018.

1. EliteTrader's looking good Baron and crew.

What's missing from EliteTrader is a dedicated 'Trading Systems' forum.

What do you think ?

2. gkishot

gkishot

Any idea for its first thread?

3. Xela

Xela

4. Not making any money eh ?

To answer your question, no, I'm ok, I've got mine but lots of others seem to need one.

5. Handle123

Handle123

There are actually quite a few good trading systems within ET but one must go through every post will take time, the very early pre 2008. Some of many individual posts have given me very good ideas of what traders have made and perhaps my experience shows me exactly what they are doing. But those wanting a forum on trading systems, most who make them profitable not going to share with the masses cause it might take thousand of hours to do them right.

The expertise of a system is NOT the signal to get in, the expertise is in the boring area of risk management as this represents 99% of the system. So when one has spent years learning about risk management and gone through years of muddling through it, not going to share it as it really becomes a huge edge.

6. tomorton

tomorton

Having a systematic risk management approach is indeed a great edge. Not sharing it is not.

7. Handle123

Handle123

Those who want it shared are usually ones who lack it, usually too lazy to put in the time. No one with half a brain is going to share their version of Holy Grail. You put in 20,000 hours of studying risk management, see if you willing to share it, then many who do know it or those who all lost all their funds attacks you.

You know why the amount of the half percent make most of the money in trading? They do all the extra back testing. Most people get stats of past 1,000 occurrences which is nothing, buy tick data and go back 10-20 years to really see the worst in one's systems, cause it will happen again. Instead of just having a bunch of stats of system, you have to test all that data on winning trades/losing trades and get stats base on each second. My current run of a system of last 20 years had 480,000 signals, then you can see where by the second what was correct and where it wasn't, then have your built platform that can graph it.

You share too much, others compete against you and they have nano second faster internet and get filled and you don't.

I believe it is 1.5 trades is the difference of a losing trader and breakeven trader, so the sharing part my post is this, find the left of the signal that the chart is screaming do not take that signal. Most traders especially ones who learned indicators first and not chart reading can't read charts well, and charting is the roadmap of trading.

Many, many pieces to a trading system, and signals are least part of them. Trading is about patience, do less to get more, learn about breaking down trades, retracements, where does trend reverse and what immediately happens most of the time at this point(this is an excellent time to get out at breakeven when you just got in wrong), man 40 years of this shit, I know a good deal/no book being written, seldom gets boring, I often wonder how many others are like me, well that should go in a different section of ET.

Happy Holidays to all, starbucks time.

8. Xela

Xela

Exactly so ... but "good luck" with trying to convince them ... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some of us share the perceptions, and have aspirations in that direction, albeit that we lack (most of) the 40 years' experience.

[​IMG]

trader99 likes this.
  9. tomorton

tomorton

Incoherent tripe.

Too much coffee perhaps?

10. volpri

volpri

ROFLMAO..TOO MUCH starbucks time.

#10     Mar 31, 2018