Trading System up on eBay

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jachyra, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Or move the thread to Chit Chat/Jokes

#11     Nov 11, 2007
  2. john99

john99

That actually is a good deal if it sold for 1k, I'd buy the quad monitor setup and video card for $700.

#12     Nov 11, 2007
  3. It's not a mechanical trading system, but rather computer hardware!

"Quad Display Multi Monitor IBM ThinkCentre Workstation
    4 Samsung 21.3" 213t's, UPS, and diNovo Media Desktop"

#13     Nov 11, 2007
  4. sim03

sim03

His total feedback may be +2, -1 out of 3 transactions = 66.7% positive, but his feedback as a SELLER is -1 out of 1 transaction = 0% positive so far. That doesn't exactly help, from a prospective buyer's perspective.

For obvious reasons, it's a hell of a lot easier to earn positive feedback as a buyer than as a seller, on any given transaction and especially over time.

#14     Nov 11, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

Pay for it with American Express... if it's not delivered or substantially different from advertised, dispute the payment.

BTW...

4x Monitors @ $150* each = $600
    Stand @ $100
    Video Card @ $100
    Computer @ $200
    + backup power, keyboard, mouse...

I think it's priced about right.

* These are EXCELLENT monitors... about $1,300 each when new on the market... but what are used LCD's worth with no warranty?

This entire system NEW would have been about $6,000. How big of a discount should a buyer of used equipment seek?

I'd buy the system myself if I had a use for it....

#15     Nov 12, 2007
  6. maxpi

maxpi

I got a very high end Intel mobo and dual core processor for $110 from ebay, retail about $700, it works fine.... you never know...

#16     Nov 13, 2007
  7. lazy9

lazy9

Do you have anymore of these systems and how much? Which video card do you run in these that takes 4 monitors?

#17     Nov 26, 2007
  8. Jachyra

Jachyra

Sorry for not responding sooner...I sort of lost track of this thread after the first knuckle head chirped in with his immature comments. Its funny, you can almost always tell the winning traders from the losing traders, just by how much pent up anger they seem to be harboring.

At any rate, I don't have anymore of the CPU's, but I still have 12 of the Samsung LCD's and several Ergotron stands, as well as one Appian Phoenix Radeon 9000 4 port video card.

And of course for anyone worried about my pathetic ebay rating, you're more than welcome to see that the person who eventually did buy the original system was very pleased with the product they received.

Oh, and one more thing.... If you're going to publicly "slam" me on the forums, please do not follow it up by contacting me via PM and inquiring about the equipment. If you think its garbage and you feel compelled to write about it on these forums, then more power to you.... but I am certainly not going to sell anything to you.

#18     Dec 7, 2007